Motion Designer at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Motion Designer to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding and to the growth and look of our brand. In this role, you will be working collaboratively with members of the creative team (Designers, Art Directors, Production Directors, Creative Director, etc.) You will also be presenting to and working with other key stakeholders within the company inside of Marketing, Sales, HR, and Senior Leadership.
The Motion Designer will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing, building and delivering high quality, on-brand motion graphics elements that can be both short-form (:2 - :10 seconds) and long-form (:15 – 3:00+). While the primary focus would be 2D illustrative animation, this role would also be responsible for comping app and browser extension interactions into video as well as other video editing wizardry.
This role will require a high level of creativity and conceptual ability, production and organizational skills, and is highly collaborative.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States.
What you will be doing:
- Work with creative/video leads to develop concepts, templates, style frames, storyboards and motion graphics for the app, browser extension, email, T.V., and digital ad placements.
- Complete long form video and motion design projects “soup to nuts” including subtitles, sourcing music, sourcing voice over, sound effects, audio mixing, and exporting in multiple file types / aspect ratios if necessary.
- Execute highly visible projects with extreme attention to detail.
- Ensure high quality and maintain brand consistency.
- Juggle multiple projects at once and deliver a high volume of work under tight deadlines.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of in-house communications or agency work in animated video production and graphic design.
- An online portfolio of exceptional work
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Pro, Media Encoder.)
- General knowledge of Adobe Audition and Figma is a plus.
- Excellent time management and production estimations and ability to hold oneself accountable to the estimated / communicated deadlines.
- A neat and understandable workflow so projects can be collaborative.
- Good communication skills to present / communicate creative concepts to non-creative audiences.
- WIllingness to not only learn the brand but also our users and make sure that each project is completed with passion and empathy toward those two things.
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO (location flexible) and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $50,000-$60,000.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.