Mobile UI Designer
Join the team transforming the way coaches and athletes interact!
As a UI Designer at TrainingPeaks you will execute intuitive, meaningful and elegant solutions for our mobile product features. Your solutions will be backed with research/data and your visual designs intuitive and compelling. This position will report to the Creative Director and sits directly with the Mobile App Team.
TrainingPeaks provides the complete web, mobile and desktop solution for enabling smart and effective endurance training. Our products include TrainingPeaks.com Athlete and Coach Edition, WKO+ desktop software for cutting-edge scientific analysis and planning, and the TrainingPeaks mobile apps for iOS and Android. TrainingPeaks solutions are used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training.
In this role, you will specifically:
- Interpret user interviews and UX research to inform your design decisions
- Transform validated prototypes and solutions into design and layouts that resonate with our target audience
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to product, engineering, and key stakeholders.
- Develop low fidelity wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity design compositions that communicate interaction concepts and help define development requirements
- Create sophisticated, elegant design solutions for mobile and web initiatives
What does it take to be successful in this role? Ideally you will have...
- Strong passion for design and a thirst to blend intuitive UI with progressive technology
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and data-driven design strategies for mobile and web applications
- Fluency in user interface fundamentals such as, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, pattern libraries and other UI deliverables
- Knowledge of best practices and platform specific design/UI patterns for both iOS and Android platforms
- A Solid understanding of typography and layout
- Ability to prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- Examples that reflect your ability to solve mobile and web UI design challenges
- Training in visual design with an appreciation of design principles (layout, typography, color theory, composition)
- Proficiency in leveraging the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Invision for mapping, wireframing, design mocks, and prototypes
- Minimum of 5 years experience solving interactive problems
- Experience working in an agile development process
>>> If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!