Managing Director/Vice President of Creative & Experience Services at Pocket Outdoor Media
The Managing Director/VP of POM is a strategic, digitally savvy creative leader who manages a team of creatives, account managers and researchers in developing creative & experiences that engage the end user while building the collective POM brands. This person leads a team of internal and external individuals including a staff of creative directors, copywriters, digital and graphic designers, photographers and video producers and editors, as well as external contractors across digital media, brand research, website design, social media, content creation, print production, packaging and event activations among others. This position is a cross-functional and collaborative leader, who partners closely with other group executives to ensure that POM meets goals.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Strategically aligns and partners with cross-functional executives across POM to deliver revenue goals
- Business development partner with key sales executives across the company. Creates and delivers pitches, proposals and closes business
- Oversees and leads all creative projects and appropriately direct workloads and priorities across an extensive network of internal and external resources
- Develops clear processes, communication and prioritization of workload to ensure an efficient operation, from creative brief to final output, with transparency, clarity and buy-in of cross-functional partners
- Consistently builds innovation into workflows, taking advantage of new insights while balancing large-scale campaigns with fast-paced, digital, test-and learn creative approaches
- Leads, coaches, and motivates the team. Provides role clarity, restructures/re-organizes the department as necessary to ensure the department meets the changing needs of the business.
What You Bring
- Proven ability to manage a large variety of complex issues
- Strong business operational skills, including talent management and budget management and strategic thinking
- Proven ability to develop marketing activation and brand-building programs
- Experience "selling" concepts and ideas
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape – regionally, domestically, and internationally
- Digital-first acumen
- Demonstrated strength in leading teams, developing talent and building a culture of accountability and empowerment
- Innate ability to communicate with different stakeholders, negotiate influence, and build rapport at all levels
- Strong customer service skills
- Capability to distill information clearly and to explain complex issues with precision and consistency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think independently and make decisions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.