Manager of UX/UI Design, Provider Journey at SonderMind
SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As our Manager of UX/UI Design you will be responsible for crafting experiences that set our products apart and deliver valuable solutions to our providers. You will be responsible for developing and delivering UX/UI strategy across the provider journey for web, mobile, and app experiences. This leader will report directly to the Director of User Experience.
Success Looks Like
- You contribute to the design of our products
- You will manage & coach a team of designers
- Set a high bar for quality and help teams produce quality work without compromising velocity
- Help turn business objectives into customer centered problems and steer team strategy
- Promote design thinking strategy throughout the organization and help the Product organization accelerate design sprints
What you'll do
- Develop and deliver UX/UI strategy across multiple products and platforms including web, mobile, and app experiences of our providers' experience to ensure we are meeting the needs of our users.
- Build deep, collaborative partnerships with cross-functional leaders across our Engineering, Product, Marketing, Clinical and Operation teams to deliver on the UX vision and strategy.
- Build innovative, delightful products and experiences to fundamentally transform the mental health space.
- Work closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs.
- Build and coach and lead a team of UX/UI Designers & Researchers
- Ensure appropriate prioritization of UX related tasks based on company direction, business development opportunities, product strategy, squad roadmaps, etc.
- Meeting regularly with designers to provide and gather feedback on project progress
- User Focused: ability to "put yourself in our user's shoes" and focus on the needs, wants, and expectations of our users. Understanding their pain points and perspective.
- Drive for Results: bias for action, high intrinsic motivation, thrives under pressure, maximizes opportunities, and makes bold decisions at the right times.
- Balancing Stakeholders: understands the expectations and needs of both internal and external stakeholders, taking a proactive approach to shaping, influencing,and aligning stakeholder interests.
- Inspires & Motivates: creates a compelling vision and greater sense of purpose that others are drawn to follow; creates an environment in which others are motivated and empowered to excel, sharing ownership & bringing out the best in the team. Celebrates and cultivates excellence.
- Solution Oriented: sees problems as opportunities.
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change.
- 4+ years of UX experience
- 3+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers
- Experience leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience leading design studios, design sprints, team brainstorming and ideation exercises
- Experience designing applications for a professional user base, ideally in a two-sided marketplace
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience balancing long-term design goals with a quick, iterative development process
- Healthcare industry or Mental Health/Behavioral Health experience, preferred
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary range for this position is $110,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.