Manager, Product Design
Greater Denver Area
GoSpotCheck is 150 of the best and brightest minds in Denver, who all share a common goal: Empower our customers to execute in the field faster, and ultimately, ‘win the ground game!’ GoSpotCheck provides mobile form and execution management software that enables team leaders to improve workforce operations. Organizations can assign tasks to their field teams, analyze real-time reporting data, and drive action to accomplish critical business goals and objectives. Our customers complete 650,000 tasks each day in over 70 countries and include market leaders like Pepsico, Beam Suntory, Panera Bread, Dannon, Under Armour and more.
At GoSpotCheck, we pride ourselves in being innovative, problem-solvers. Collectively, we are a group of dog-lovers, philanthropists, creative thinkers, goofballs, world travelers, and more. Our values include Go to Bed Smarter, Own It, and Do Great Work. We take pride in doing great work, and truly love coming in to the office every day.
What You'll Do
- As the Manager of Product Design at GoSpotCheck, you will report to our VP Product as you manage and lead an amazing team of Product Designers who are deployed across the GoSpotCheck, R&D, and HiFi Product Teams. You will spend most of your time focused on driving high priority design team initiatives forward as well as career development for your team of Product Designers. You will collaborate with our Director of Product Management on the roadmap to ensure we’re putting the customer first and delivering a top notch user experience.
What We'll Achieve
- We’ll ensure Product Design has a seat at the table for roadmap prioritization
- We’ll establish a Product Design Strategy that allows designers and engineers to quickly and effectively deliver on the needs of the business and customer
- We’ll see our Product and Brand Design teams collaborate effectively and stay aligned because you’ll be in lock step with our Creative Director and Brand Designers
- We’ll make measured progress on not only the day-to-day, urgent projects, but on the important design-led initiatives that would otherwise fall to the wayside
- We’ll have a deep backlog of validated, vetted designs for our agile, balanced teams because you’ve ensured we’ve always got the right people working on the right things
- We’ll retain, develop, and grow our team of Product Designers because they are stoked to work under your leadership
- We’ll grow your Product Design team to include Technical Writers (and any other specialized UX roles) because you champion for the details of a good user experience
Who You are
- You have 5+ years of Product Design experience, with at least 3+ years as a Product Designer in a fast-growing, startup environment.
- You are passionate about helping Product Design teams grow and learn their craft, and you have success stories and proven methodologies and processes to share.
- You know how to get the most out of your team, from process to tools to development, you’re a natural leader.
- You geek out on the latest and greatest user experience and product design trends and you’re not afraid to push for new ideas. You go to bed smarter.
- You know when to lead and when to roll up your sleeves and help your team.
- You are pragmatic and choose your battles because you know that in Product Development there is always more to do in the backlog.
- You have proven experience across all facets of Product and User Experience Design as well as a strong eye for Visual Design.
- You know that UX is not always UI.
- You have worked in an agile environment, believe in lean design principles, and know how to incorporate design into an iterative cycle of testing and learning.
- You know that done is better than perfect and coach your team on that mantra.
- You are a talent magnet with a strong reputation in the design community - candidates flock to the opportunity to work on your team.
- You are a master of communication and understand the impact of your words on your team and your peers.
- You’re precise, transparent, and clear, presenting the right information to the right person at the right time.
- You are a systems thinker, able to conceptualize even the most complex design challenges across any digital platform.
- You are able to affect change in a fast-paced environment.
- You will be a key player in evolving how we work and driving the right change at the right time.
- You’re customer-focused – you prioritize staying close to the customer to ensure we’re building the things that solve the biggest customer problems.
- You’re endlessly curious - you don’t make assumptions, and always ask “why” to get to the root of the problem at hand.
- You’re results-oriented – setting success metrics and measuring success against them to be sure you’re designing products that make a measurable impact on the business and customers’ lives.
- You have completed a bachelor’s degree.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s - Best Places to Work, the 2017 Denver Post’s - Top Workplaces, one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work in 2018, and BuiltIn Colorado's - #1 Midsize Company to Work For in Colorado, 2019.
GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description