Manager, Product Design at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates, by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
As the Manager of User Experience, you will play a critical role in bringing our end-users to a central focus in Vertafore's agile product development process. You will lead a team of product designers and content designers to ensure the delivery of modern and innovative user experience, while creating new products and capabilities for thousands of insurance professionals. You will also partner with product management and development to guide, educate, and socialize evidence-based design practices in an environment that supports empowerment and growth.
To learn more about Vertafore, please visit: www.vertafore.com/about/life-vertafore
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Work closely with the team to ensure a cohesive experience across product verticals:
· Conduct evidence-based practices for User Research.
· Build & maintain an evidence-based Customer Insight knowledge base & best practices (journey maps, personas, other archetypes and models).
· Create a user research recruiting program for continuity of information and customer relationship building.
· Help other team members shape learning goals, choose research methods, create research plans, conduct studies, and synthesize results.
· Establish the voice of our products with content designers.
· Foster a culture where each member feels empowered to bring new ideas to the table to push our expertise forward.
· Conduct design reviews to drive consistency and usability in design.
Partner with product & development to guide the user experience strategy of new features and products from conception through launch:
· Manage expectations & design literacy across cross-functional teams through providing high-level design guidance.
· Collaborate with product managers & engineers in framing problems, vetting assumptions, identifying learning goals, & scoping design work.
· Identify & negotiate resourcing opportunities what can be delivered as "good enough" with the intent to iterate to ensure timely delivery of assets.
· Build relationships with Product Managers and Product Owners and teach them the why, when, and how of Design (both discovery and execution).
· Create reusable, scalable visual design assets that fit into a greater pattern library and are consumable by developers and engineers.
Shape and guide a growing design team:
· Recruit, develop, and grow a diverse product design team.
· Hold team accountable for participation in design sessions and adherence to deadlines.
· Help individuals define professional growth areas and provide them with actionable steps to achievement.
· Understand what 'meaningful work' means to each member and find opportunities for them to pursue.
· Provide timely feedback / support / guidance on process and work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· You're a leader, a bridge-builder, and an effective communicator who asks the nuanced and previously unasked questions.
· You have a strong grasp of the theories, concepts, and methods of design research and user-centered design which you have applied in a variety of contexts.
· You have experience with Universal and Inclusive design practices.
· You are capable of leading team projects, meeting deadlines, and adapting quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced, agile environment.
· You are proficient in design thinking methodologies, using empathy and critical thinking to understand and frame problems.
· Your toolbox includes in a variety of user research methods traditional & nontraditional, generative & evaluative, qualitative & quantitative.
· You have strong knowledge of UX best practices for web and software, including content-first, mobile-first, responsive design, and accessibility standards.
· You can clearly document and communicate information architectures, system interactions (task flows, user models), and other artifacts.
· You have 10+ years of relevant design industry experience, ideally with a mix of in-house and consulting setting.
· You are highly fluent in the entire design process demonstrated by a compelling portfolio of UX research, design, and strategy work that showcases your problem framing, research, problem solving, and visualization skills.
· You are proficient in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure RP, or other similar design tools.
· You have experience working on enterprise software applications, ideally in an agile environment.
· You have deep knowledge with design systems and interaction patterns.
· You are a leader, driving the craft of design with a passion for growing, happy, and healthy designers.
· You are an effective collaborator across teams, including Product Design and Development.
· You are an excellent communicator with experience in presenting to key stakeholders, users, and internal teams.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 15% of the time.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Working from a remote location or in office.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.