Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Quickly synthesize and create online/digital content based on information from existing internal content, facilitators, subject matter experts, previous training courses, etc.
- Excitement and willingness to rapidly innovate collaboratively as a team
- Craft fun and engaging elearning modules
- Develop online/digital learning, handouts, videos and programs simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Conduct gap analysis and define objectives for online learning experiences
- Recommend and teach current team different applications or layouts that would improve user experience in current classes and trainings
- Partner with teammates and take the lead on creating intellectually challenging and personally engaging learning and development experiences
- Dedicated to integrating multiple channels in an fresh and inventive way, including instructor-led, experiential, and online (self-paced and live)
- Design original end to end experiences for new Gusties just coming into their role
- Design and develop innovative, comprehensive curriculums and certification programs, utilizing advanced design/development techniques and tools of adult learning theory
- Select the appropriate level of measurement for new programs and design measurement tools (e.g., certification process)
- Gather and analyze feedback on training effectiveness and identify training gaps for the purpose of improving individual/team performance
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience (in FinTech, Banking, Human Resources or Health Benefits a plus)
- Strong conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, web, and print materials
- Collaborative style; ability to partner with team members and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven track-record of building engaging online learning
- Expertise creating small video snippet courses; microlearning
- Experience with graphics, audio / video production, authoring, or other tools
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Authoring experience in one or more of the following: Dreamweaver, Toolbook, Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in instructional design, graphic design, instructional technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.