Our Learning Experience Designers (LXDs) design and develop curriculum for Pax8. They create eLearning modules, knowledge assessments, and performance support materials such as job aids, videos, animations, role plays, games, slide decks, etc. LXDs manage the course development lifecycle—solidifying measurable learning objectives, gathering requisite information from stakeholders and SMEs, identifying concepts to be conveyed, developing effective courses and assessments efficiently and on schedule, uploading to the LMS, and reporting project status along the way. They make iterative improvements as needed and perform any required subsequent maintenance and updates. The LXD works closely with the Manager of Learning Development, the Learning Experience Architect, and key stakeholders to drive the development of training programs that support our business objectives.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Applies tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods to design eLearning courses that help learners adopt desired behaviors, conveys the required information in a clear and engaging manner, assesses understanding, and measures effectiveness. Translates technical training requirements into an eLearning curriculum that can easily be maintained through time.
- Leverages best practices to visualize and create the user interface, instructional graphics, exercises, and activities that enhance the learning process (audio, video, simulations, animations, role plays, games etc.). Crafts assessment questions and distracters to align with learning objectives and desired outcomes.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gain agreement on the training messages and approach. Evaluates SME feedback and incorporates suggested changes to create the best, most effective training possible in the available timeframe.
- Brainstorms, explores, learns, and shares new learning development and new User Experience Design (UXD) concepts.
- Uploads course content to company LMS, enters and maintains project documentation and course folders.
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least five (5) years of instructional design and curriculum development experience is required
- Passion for enabling others to be successful
- Knowledge of Adult Learning Theory concepts
- Experience working with a commercial LMS is preferred
- Experience with Articulate Rise and Articulate Storyline 360, or similar authoring tools required
- Experience with Camtasia, Vyond, and Descript preferred
- Experience with graphic design applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, preferred
- Technical sales training or technical product training experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of tools, principles, and best practices for developing technical training course materials
- Knowledge of assessment, evaluation, and effectiveness-measurement methods
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to create new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Ability to use a combination of feedback and reflections to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
Required Education & Certifications:
- A./B.S. (Master’s degree preferred) in Education/Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or related field, or Instructional Design certificate with equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $72,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups