Lead Product Designer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are now B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
What You Get To Do
At Uplight, we don’t just hope for a sustainable future – we’re designing it.
Product Designers at Uplight see no boundary between form and function. They are multi- skilled, proactive communicators who develop a deep understanding of the problem space. They help drive measurable energy savings with a relentless focus on the end-user.
You will be responsible for designing elegant, simple, and impactful experiences that will be used by thousands of people every day. You’ll work closely with other Product Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to concept, design, prototype, test, and iterate products until they exceed our standards of quality.
Climate change is one of the biggest systemic problems humanity has ever faced. To tackle it, you need to be eager to solve problems and have proven ability to create cohesive experiences based on research and testing.
What You Will Contribute
- Lead and mentor a group of talented Product Designers on the Activate product line
- Contribute to delivery and provide guidance to designers through research, strategy, concepts, delivery, and optimization
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users and drive measurable behavior
- Amplify the voices of end users and be an advocate for inclusive, accessible solutions
- Push the boundaries of our existing products and accelerate us towards adjacent and transformational product offerings
- Help define and create connected solutions that span multiple product lines
- Craft strategies to articulate forward thinking product concepts to our
- Participate in internal and customer-facing workshops that promote design thinking at Uplight.
- Coordinate with Product to plan and sequence work in support of our roadmap
- Shape the Product Design culture and process. Bring in new inspiration, design trends, and tooling as needed. Suggest ways we can grow/better our work and unify our products under a shared Design
What You Bring To Uplight
- 7-10 years of related Design-industry experience, preferably with a Bachelor’s degree in a Design-related field and a foundation/concentration in two or more design disciplines (e.g. UX, UI, UXR, Behavior Science, Content Strategy, )
- A passion for sustainability, and an ability to empathize and amplify user needs, motivations, and behaviors, that can be translated into actionable ways end users can save
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and grow a team of Product
- In-depth knowledge of user experience and visual design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web and mobile
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each product they work
- Possess a highly developed set of organizational and clear communication skills, including
- Ability to collaborate with and inspire other Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to envision and iterate concepts in a fast-paced, Agile
- Proficiency with design & prototyping tools such as Figma, Illustrator, InDesign, and InVision – or other comparable software.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $116,000 to $120,000 (dependent upon experience).
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws