Lead Product Designer, Zoom Whiteboard at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
Zoom Whiteboard will be your powerful virtual hub for real-time and asynchronous collaboration, creating more engaging and efficient meeting experiences. Any team, from enterprise to education, can use the Zoom Whiteboard experience to create, annotate, and share ideas from any device whether you're in a Zoom meeting or not.
Provide a stellar user experience to deliver on the promises we make to our users. Zoom is looking for a Lead Product Designer to shape our product experience for our Whiteboard team. You will partner closely with different teams at Zoom to create the most intuitive and delightful experience on behalf of our users.
- Lead the overall Whiteboard design strategy and innovation and deliver a cohesive and quality experience by actively collaborating internally and externally.
- Lead the architecture of the Whiteboard and be the gatekeeper. You will illustrate how details fit into a bigger picture for the users, product, platform, and Zoom and socializing it with stakeholders, partners, and other designers.
- Communicate strategy, vision, and potential improvement solutions.
- Storytelling at the executive level that elaborates the problem, root cause, and design solutions that encompass the strategy of Whiteboard.
- Partner with the design systems team and strategize for expanding the Whiteboard design systems and consistent design.
- Always advocate and enhance the Zoom Brand experience in the design team and the cross-functional partners.
- Build a strategic partnership with Product Management and Engineering org at Zoom. Identify and work with key contacts from Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Legal.
- Be knowledgeable on the Zoom Product ecosystem and user journey.
- Drive a group agreement for sustainable and quality design solutions by actively aligning the team's knowledge on the problem and root cause.
- Take a smart and calculated risk to guide a design decision. The decision will always be for the strategic growth and quality of Whiteboard and Zoom Products.
- Promote your vision and rationale through various design artifacts, and create complete solutions for the product and design organization.
- Help mentor and inspire other designers.
- Enjoys connecting with people on a human scale.
- Have a design foresight for the future and are passionate about making an impact on the Zoom business and design.
- Can identify issues and able to mitigate for the sustainability and quality of the product
- Are not afraid of ambiguity.
- Strive for truth and allow room for different perspectives to enter.
- Typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge of user experience design processes and methodology for web apps.
- Proficiency with Figma (our primary design tool) or the ability to adapt to it.
- A passion for creating products that balance function and emotional impact on people.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Previous Whiteboard/ digital collaboration tools related design experience is a plus.
- Experience working with remote teams and an international audience.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Experience designing for OS-native apps, mobile apps, and embedded apps.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .