Lead Product Designer, Studio
Kapost’s mission is to enable marketers to connect more authentically with their customers through content. We do this by building a single platform that lets our customers plan marketing campaigns, collaborate on content across teams, and measure the value of the work that they do. Our platform is used by some of the best B2B brands in the world like GE Digital, IBM, Salesforce, Adobe, and LinkedIn.
We’re looking for a product designer that can help build the future of our platform by contributing to every aspect of the product development process – from user research, to brainstorming ideas, to crafting the most delightful interaction, to polishing pixels. You’ll flex your full range of research, product design, interaction design, and visual design muscles and will own the widest area of the Kapost product.
It’s an exciting time at Kapost and it’s a rare opportunity to join a team that is nimble and poised to deliver on its mission. The team is already doing great work, but we know there is a lot more to be done. With a strong design advocate on the leadership team, we’ve never before been more empowered to design impactful and beautiful solutions for our customers.
Kapost is a great place for designers to work because we’re actively building design as one of our core competencies. Our goal is for design to be in our DNA.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll lead product design for the Studio team and will own the end-to-end experience of how our customers interact with the product. For example, you’ll be iterating and crafting experiences that encourage collaboration on content across large and small teams.
- You’ll be the strongest advocate for our customers by contributing from the product design strategy all the way to the UI details.
- You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and other designers on the team.
- You’ll help craft the first ever design system to help the team deliver quality experiences more quickly.
- You’ll be reporting to the Director of Design.
Skills you’ll need
- You have solid experience designing quality digital products and systems that have shipped (not just websites).
- You’re comfortable examining a problem space, but are capable of designing a great solution.
- You can design simple, elegant interactions for complex task flows.
- You have experience designing tests and prototypes, performing user testing, and synthesizing results to inform your design decisions.
- You can create beautiful hi-fidelity mockups, preferably using Sketch.
- You can frame strong rationales for design decisions that persuade peers and executives.
Candidates should have an online portfolio featuring examples of products that have shipped to be considered.
- 100% paid health insurance
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- Work-life balance is a core value. We have yoga at lunch, can work from home on Wednesdays (which also happens to be “no meeting Wednesdays” for heads-down work), and you can bring your dog to work (as long as Fido doesn’t chew on the wires)
- In-office bicycle storage plus a free Eco-Pass and neighborhood parking pass
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch every Friday, plus a fully stocked kitchen (with LaCroix, if you’re into that. It’s a polarizing beverage at Kapost)
- Regular happy hours (we’ve cooked together at Food Lab, went bowling, and solved more problems together at escape rooms)
- Annual company retreat & holiday party
- We give you money for a new laptop every 3 years - the design team uses Macbook Pros, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need