We are seeking an accomplished designer with an eye for brand management. They are skilled at evangelizing the process and selling great design to different audiences from like-minded practitioners to sales, product and executives. We expect the successful candidate to have 4-6 years experience of delivering interface design solutions for various clients as well as leadership experience. The candidate has loved working in a collaborative team environment before, and has experience of interacting with multiple internal and external clients. The Design Lead will take a central role in the delivery of projects. They are directly responsible for the Quality, Creativity and Delivery of the projects the design team is overseeing, and client and team satisfaction. Design Lead reports directly to the Director of Marketing Communications.
They manage junior team members through career development and growth. They have experience in all platforms (from web and tablet or phone to kiosk). They have conceptualized and detailed design solutions for different audiences and user types. They're excellent at brokering solutions for challenging situations while inspiring their team and maintaining a high morale.
1. Creativity & World-class quality of work
a. Ability to quickly understand, analyze, and respond to client briefs o Work with the specialists to develop and deliver boundary pushing service concepts
b. Creativity of output (innovation & beauty)
c. Completeness and suitability of work (works with client situation)
d. Lead the creative side of pitch projects and support the business development team with creative input, client meetings, presentations and proposal writings
2. Output creation
a. Conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing.
b. Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
c. Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
d. Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
e. Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
f. Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
3. Client interaction o Project management o Expectations and scope management
a. Risk assessment and management o Form and maintain client relationships, respond to new business opportunities
4. Team satisfaction
a. Thought leadership
b. Clarity of mission and expectations
c. Resource utilization management o Motivation and morale
a. On-time, On-budget delivery of work
Daily and monthly requirements
• Identifies new methodologies based on latest trends and how to best employ them
• Packages recommendations in different media, from presentations to videos and prototypes to maximize impact
• Brings diverse teams together to develop solutions and identifies the best tools for collaboration (idea generation, co-creation etc.)
• Takes a leadership role in providing feedback and identifies tools to optimize the process
• Sets the collaboration model with cross disciplinary teams
• Proactively identifies issues with partners (tech & business) and alternatives
• Sets deliverables and artifacts necessary to successfully complete a project
• Manages major track of design work and corresponding design resources
• Manages the career growth of junior employees and helps them grow
Skills and qualifications
- 2+ years of proven track record of leading digital design teams and delivering in addition of 2+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of design digital services with preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, Interactive TV and print mediums.
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Great communication skills
- Ability to cope with stress
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organized, analytical, and dynamic
- Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline preferred
- A passion for design and people
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing