Junior Visual/ UI Designer
Do you have a passion for designing beautiful, user-centered interfaces across the ever-evolving array of digital platforms? Are you an agile, problem solver who wants to help create innovative products? Are you a collaborative, team player that knows the power of an integral brand identity and a unified design system? Then you might be the Junior Visual/UI Designer that HomeAdvisor needs!
HomeAdvisor is the leading online marketplace connecting homeowners with prescreened and rated service providers. As our Junior Visual/UI Designer, you will be part of our dynamic in-house Creative team, working to support multiple Product delivery teams as well as marketing initialtives for HomeAdvisor and our companion brands.
We’re looking for the type of designer that knows how to use both sides of the brain, is fluent in the language of visual communication and can articulate how design decisions relate to business goals.
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
Please note, that although a solid understanding of User Experience design is important, this is a visual design role, NOT a UX role (We have a separate UX team).
How you’ll spend your day:
- UI Design – Design, present, and deliver mocks and other graphic assets for our websites, mobile apps, and emails.
- Coordinating with Multiple Stakeholders and Teams – Work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines while staying on schedule and in communication about the status of each.
What we think it takes to be successful here:
- 1-3 years experience in Visual and UI design (desktop and mobile)
- Proficiency in Sketch is a must
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with, and an understanding of, responsive design
- General understanding of how web and mobile apps are built (although not a coding role)
- UI animation experience a plus
- Self-motivated with ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
- Exceptional spoken and written comunication skills
- In-house design experience a plus
- Online Portfolio required
- BA / BFA recommended
Want a shot at being part of the HomeAdvisor team? Send us your resume and a link to your portfolio at HomeAdvisor.com, and we’ll take it from there.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.