Junior Instructional Designer at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Junior Instructional Designer to develop technical content and training materials for our outstanding Customers. In this role, you will collaborate with the development and execution of technical training as part of the CircleCI Customer Engineering Team. You will focus on creating and designing content on all things CI/CD. We seek someone to help develop industry-leading training techniques and classes for modern-day professionals, through their expertise, drive, technical knowledge, and deep understanding of adult learning theory (or principals). You are bolstered by the challenge of training technical customers on highly technical concepts and loves to challenge and improve our status quo as it relates to customer learning.
This role will work alongside our team of Trainers and Document gurus. This role is integral to CircleCI’s significant growth plans, and we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, globally-minded, and committed to expansive learning environments with room to grow.
You will assist in the development of our content for our training programs on CI/CD processes and technologies for both internal and external customers. Maintain existing training content and systems resulting from analysis of system development, regulatory mandates, and/or compliance. At times you will help with providing presentations, demonstrations, advice, and consultancy relating to CircleCI systems and other related products. Evaluate to resolve if business outcomes have been achieved when it comes to content quality. Follow up to ensure continuous improvement. Proactively expand existing and build new knowledge. Track and Run Training projects using programs such as Jira, Asana, and Skilljar to name a fewAbout You:
You know how to capture lightbulb moments: you hone your questions and listening skills to recognize, build, and optimize “aha!” moments for our Trainers, Subject Matter Experts, Partners, and our Customers. You enjoy working in both virtual and in-person environments with a globally distributed team. You’re passionate about adult learning principles, love to learn, and cherish multi-functional collaboration. You are able to translate sophisticated topics into simple and clear explanations.About the Technical Content Team at CircleCI
We are growing as fast as the sun will let us! We have a diverse team that is global in location but one in purpose: To ensure the best experience for our customers. Our customers range from internal employees, partners, and customers who use our product to solve the worlds problems. We have an eclectic group of writers, trainers, and content strategists who love what we do and it shows in the work we produceWhat you'll do:
- Responsible to assess, craft and build engaging and adaptive multi-media learning solutions that support business objectives
- Make instructional decisions about learning solutions (instructor-led, e-learning, mobile and blended content) to address training needs and/or skills gaps
- Support performance improvement through effective and current learning strategies to include defining the learning objectives, organization of the content, and creation of materials using sound instructional design principles. This includes user, participant, & facilitator guides, presentations, quick-reference guides, job aids, learning activities, learning assessments, e-learning storyboards and audio scripts.
- Determine appropriate learning and material through observation, interviewing, researching, and collaboration
- Build content on a variety of topics including leadership, systems, procedural, credit, sales, and customer service
- Solid project management skills including planning work, handling details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and delivering results that we can measure.
- Evaluate learning efficiency and impact
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams on design solutions.
- Handle a portion of the learning portfolio by evaluating and updating existing solutions on a time schedule
- Requires a Bachelor's in communications, design, or user experience with a focus on business, or a related field
- Experience in curriculum and training development, adult learning principals (especially in a fast-paced environment) or other directly related experience
- A combination of education and experience may meet the requirements as well
- Good interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Must have good customer relationship, problem resolution, and project management expertise that focus on outcomes and data
- Ability to create and acquire strategic goals, use good judgment and work well with management as well as cross-departmentally
- Ability to develop courses from standard operating procedures or subject research all while using subject matter authorities
- Ability to work with management and team leads to develop and train employees, customers, and partners.
- Good research and analysis skills
- Experience crafting Instructional, Virtual, and On-Line content is a must with the ability to translate data into a visual display of information that is informative, motivational, and entertaining for all
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $69,000 - 81,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses