Interior Designer - Contract at Havenly (Remote)
Are you looking to build a business and career in interior design?
Do you want the flexibility to work from wherever you choose?
Do you want to help clients from across the country transform their rooms into incredible living spaces?
If the answer to those questions is “yes”, then being a Havenly Designer may be the opportunity you are looking for!
Havenly is an online interior design service and home decorating discovery engine. We are your design partner on a mission to make home design dreams come true for all budgets and styles. We believe that everyone deserves a home that they love and we aim to make home design effortless, empowering, and accessible for everyone!
We are consistently growing our Online Design team to keep up with our growing customer base and are looking for talented Interior Designers to join us. If you are a designer who is entrepreneurial, client-focused, and looking to expand your business or break into the online design world - we want to hear from you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Have the opportunity to build your own business and your personal brand, with the support of the largest online residential design firm in the country.
- Work remotely online through the Havenly platform as an independent contractor, to create beautiful designs for clients across the country. (Swoon over real designs by Havenly Designers HERE).
- Receive a continuous stream of clients, without spending money on sales and marketing, and without having to ever commute for meetings and appointments.
- Earn additional commissions on sales, by creating designs that your clients love and will purchase from.
- Source furnishings and decor from our amazing network of retail and wholesale partners.
- Provide stellar experiences to each and every client, going above and beyond to meet their needs and bring their home design dreams to life.
- Build trusted relationships with clients by communicating through multiple mediums: video calls, phone calls, email, and in-app messaging.
- Actively keep up with trends in interior design and learn new ways to improve your brand and service.
- Deliver an amazing experience and design that your client will get to enjoy for years to come.
- Achieve flexibility and control over your schedule. Keep your clients happy, while working where you want, when you want.
You come to us with:
- Passion about interior design and for providing delightful experiences for your clients.
- Professional experience in interior design (or comparable design experience) and have worked professionally doing design work for clients. Interior Design degrees are strongly preferred.
- A strong preference to embrace new technology, and a high level of proficiency working online with various software technologies.
- A a preference to approach every design creatively, and an ability to push style boundaries for your clients, exceeding their expectations.
- A driven, self-motivated mindset, and excitement to work independently to grow a design business and portfolio of your own!
With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.
- Havenly Designers are Independent Contractors who operate their own business, provide their own tools & software, and work on their own schedules.
- You must have equipment that supports video calls with customers.
- Havenly has a service level agreement with Designers which sets minimum standards to ensure projects conclude in a timely manner.
- Most of our successful Designers dedicate a minimum of 15-20 hours per week to their projects; we would recommend this as the minimum level of availability.
- The compensation is a mix of project base pay in conjunction with commission and bonuses based on performance.
- Designers work 100% remotely, and we are currently looking for designers in most areas of the US, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement for this role.
The application process:
- Initial Application
- Fill out the application below
- Case Study
- Complete our case study assessment project
- Information Session
- Learn more about the opportunity and ask questions
- Sign your contract and join us!
- Schedule your onboarding to begin your journey as a Havenly Designer!
Check out our Instagram for more design inspiration by following @thehavenly
Have questions? Email us at [email protected]
We’re excited to review your application and look forward to the possibility of working with you!