Interior Design Assistant at Havenly
At Havenly, we believe that everyone deserves a beautiful home they love. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Denver, we make decorating and shopping for your home fun, convenient and affordable.
We're looking for team members to assist our team of Staff Designers, providing creative and design-centric support throughout the Havenly design process. If you're the right fit for this opportunity, you live, eat, and breathe design. You constantly find ways to go above and beyond, stopping at nothing until your clients are over the moon in love with their beautiful new room. You love helping others, creating positive experiences, are humble, detail-oriented, and enjoy being part of a fast-paced, energetic team.
This is a full-time temp to hire role, working out of our Denver, HQ.What you’ll do:
- Work side-by-side with a team of Havenly Designers to support the creative process and help them efficiently address their clients’ unique styles and design needs.
- Source furnishings and decor from a wide variety of retail, trade and wholesale vendors.
- Create floor plans, assist with supporting visuals in Photoshop, and other design-related frameworks.
- Make sure that all assigned tasks are completed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Proactively find new ways to improve upon the Havenly design process and support the designers you’ll be working alongside.
- Actively follow trends, new products and news affecting the interior design industry.
- Learn and grow as a designer, and become well-versed in the Havenly design process.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and space planning software as well as Google suite of tools for organizing, sharing and tracking work
- One year + of experience working in the field of design as a design assistant, Designer, design showroom, or other creative function.
- Strong understanding of basic design elements and principles, especially as they relate to space planning.
- A deep understanding of a wide breadth of interior design styles.
- Exceptional organizational and record-keeping skills, with the ability to successfully self-manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding communication and people skills -- not only will you be working alongside Havenly designers, but you’ll be working directly with Havenly clients too!
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot quickly and efficiently. You're passionate about understanding problems and making things right.
- Aptitude for and eagerness to learn new technologies to help improve your day to day performance
- A contagiously positive attitude.
If this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
Please apply online. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re excited about Havenly, what’s important to you in your next role, and why you’re a great fit for this opportunity.