Instructional Designer at Iterable
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
- Iterable’s online training Academy was launched in August of 2019. The Iterable Instructional Designer in Professional Services will help design/build customer education via e-learning modules using Camtasia for the LearnUpon learning management platform, and helping construct Virtual Lead Trainer events.
- This role reports to the Customer Education Manager, and must be very hands-on and focused on becoming a product expert, building/updating/delivering training, and expanding/improving our online Academy/LMS.
- This is a strategic role and the candidate chosen should be willing and able to not only build e-learning with the help of the Customer Education Manager, but also host and record training sessions as needed.
- The main Key Results (KR) of the Instructional Designer is customer satisfaction as it pertains to courses created, as well as any overarching team OKRs and company initiatives.
- We are a fast growing company and our customer, partner and employee education needs need to keep pace with company growth so we can scale effectively. You, the Instructional Designer, will play a key role in this progress as our team grows in the next year!
About The Professional Services Team (PS):
- Our core purpose: delight our customers with experiences & outcomes that maximize their growth and ours
- We deliver implementation consulting services and education services to our customers
- We are a team of Implementation Consultants, Project Managers, Implementation Architects, and a Customer Education Manager
- Our OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are customer satisfaction, time to value, NPS, adoption of online Academy, and Net Retention Rate
- We embody Iterable’s values of Humility, Trust, Growth Mindset, and Balance
- Our service principles are to be Consultative, Accurate, Resourceful, Great Project Managers, Proactive, Responsive, and Kind
Immediate tactical areas of focus will include:
- Develop and continually hone expertise in our platform and 3rd party integrations
- Update and maintain existing Academy content with platform optimizations and UI / branding changes
- Conduct live public training to Iterable customers, partners, employees and/or prospects as needed
- Work with PS to continually integrate more and better education content across the customer journey in order to automate onboarding and scale PS
- Identify and iterate on non-product content/training focused on enabling growth marketers to succeed (strategy, operations, process, change management, etc.)
- Identify industry events to attend and learn about trends and innovation in Education Services and Instructional Design (virtual until business travel is permitted again)
- Develop videos in Camtasia and write scripts based on the Education Content Roadmap and collaborate with the Customer Education Manager on course/module layout and quiz creation
Long-term strategic areas of focus will include:
- Cross-functional partnerships: integrate Customer Education across the entire customer lifecycle
- Insightful & Actionable Metrics: Be a leading voice along with the Customer Education Manager in building out the Customer EDU Program going forward
- Subscription Model Definition: offerings, public content, custom training, live, virtual, in-person, offerings for partners, train the trainer
- Content Development Trends and Strategy: best practices in content development, mobile, 3rd party distribution (e.g., LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, etc.)
- Certification Program: Helping the CEM to develop certification for customers, partners, employees; leverage certification data for best practices, assessment writing, forecast retention
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in instructional design, training development and/or training delivery
- Previous experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Passionate about working with customers and educating others
- Familiarity with Camtasia, SnagIt and LearnUpon
- Possesses humility, integrity and growth mindset
- A love for tech and how it can help people
- Experience with email marketing, push or SMS software
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Last Update: 09/29/2020