Instructional Designer at RingCentral
Job Type: Full time
Location: Denver, CO
Department: GSS Operations
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is looking for an experienced instructional designer who specializes in eLearning development but also enjoys developing other types of instructional content to join our Customer Training team. Working for the Manager of Instructional Design, this role will be a key contributor to the identification of training needs and the expansion of the customer training curriculum. This role will focus primarily on the development of CBTs and instructional videos, but will include development of content for other modalities such as ILT and VILT.
- Create world-class customer facing learning programs including eLearning, videos, ILT, VILT, and certifications
- Inject engaging, visual, hands-on activities into your learning programs; final candidates will be asked to provide examples of prior work and a writing sample
- Assist with internal training initiatives as needed
- Scope and prioritize training requests
- Measure your learning programs for effectiveness
- Manage all aspects of the development cycle including needs analysis, design, implementation, review, and updates
- Drive projects to completion within agreed upon timeframes
- Seek continuous improvement; willing to try new ideas to produce better content.
- Build and maintain solid cross-functional relationships
- Collaborate with members from various departments within the Company to ensure that training content is accurate, relevant, and effective for audience and business needs
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to coordinate training messages and efforts
- Proven success with blended learning development for instructor-led training, virtual instructor-led training, and self-paced content hosted in a learning management system.
- Proven project and people management skills, including self-starter, organization, follow-through, and problem-solving
- Enjoys working with a dynamic, tight-knit team to produce cutting-edge, high-quality training solutions
- Courage and confidence to challenge the status quo, expresses views openly
- Stays up to date with training industry best practices and willing to try new ideas
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is required
- A minimum of five years of experience designing training programs and delivery functions including all delivery modalities is required
- Captivate (or equivalent authoring tool) experience is required
- Graphic design experience is preferred
- Instructional video production experience is preferred
- Voice-over-IP, contact center, or telephony experience is preferred with higher preference with contact center experience.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.