As a member of Sales Enablement, you will be critical to helping our global sales teams to learn and develop. You will work to deliver world-class process and product training in a creative and exciting way. You will develop innovative and engaging training programs at scale and customize where appropriate (e.g. for sales role, location, situation). In addition to this, you'll partner with content and skills experts to bring a cohesive development experience to the Commercial and Enterprise sales organization.
A day in the life
- Be an eLearning project manager, able to develop the right instructional strategy and the appropriate structure; with pre-class activities, presentations, learner's participation, practice problems, case studies, and evaluations.
- Prepare instructor materials (course outline, background material, and training aids).
- Prepare student materials (course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
- Select the right instructional multimedia and write effective copies, texts, audio and video scripts.
- Contribute to the learning management system (LMS) with videos, courses, and other training tools, and participate in management of the LMS.
- Update and maintain existing content on an ongoing basis. Curate existing content into new learning designs and paths.
- Create effective and fair assessment methods that foster the learners' development by providing opportunities to demonstrate their mastery of the learning goals.
- Partner with Sales Managers to assess sales performance as appropriate
- Working with the Sales Enablement Trainers/Facilitators, develop sales role specific curriculum, develop and revise courses and prepare appropriate training catalogs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs in support of the respective sales role learning path.
- Assist with the development of new testing and assessment processes.
- 5 years minimum in a sales training-oriented role
- BA or BS degree in Sales Training, or related field preferred
- Thorough multi-media knowledge
- Instructional design, learning technologies or other education focused certification/degree
- Excellent Interpersonal, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and developing sales training programs or materials
- Experience using or administering a Learning Management System (LMS) is desired
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer