Instructional Designer (Contract) at Evolve Vacation Rental
We are seeking an Instructional Designer (ID) to assist us on a 1099 basis between 10-20 hours a week. This is a temporary (contract) role for 30 days with the possibility of extending beyond as needed; work will be done remotely with personal equipment and software.
In This Contract Role You Will:
Focus on three main areas of responsibility: instructional design, course development, and LMS administration. The ID will develop courses and create training programs in a rapid, collaborative environment.
- Develop and update interactive and engaging courses in Articulate 360
- Work with Evolve’s L&D team to plan, develop, organize, and design instructional materials for a variety of different sales and support roles
- Work within Docebo (LMS platform) to load, test, and optimize for eLearning standards (SCORM, AICC, xAPI, cmi5, LTI)
- Develop content incorporating subject matter expert (SME) input into clearly written and structured materials
- Provide technical quality assurance testing and bug fixing
- Develop storyboards for online course development projects
- Design and incorporate skill/proficiency checks, practice exercises, and performance assessments
- Apply adult learning and multimedia principles and best practices
- Provide input for modifications to course content and activities
- Suggest and assist with implementing new instructional technology for efficient and effective training and course development delivery
- Communicate and work directly with Content and Learning Specialist and Training Managers in support of design and development efforts
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs
Experience, Skills, & Abilities:
The ideal candidate is someone with the ability to effectively gather requirements and distill complex information into effective adult eLearning courses and modules. Please provide work samples or demonstrated use of instructional design/course authoring tools.
- 3-5 years in instructional design and course development; or BS/BA degree in instructional design, education technology, digital media/multimedia, or similar
- Experience using Articulate 360 and LMS administration required; Docebo (LMS) preferred
- Extensive understanding of content authoring tools and eLearning methodologies
- Proven ability working with tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Able to work independently while juggling multiple complex projects with aggressive deadlines
- Able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative learning team
- Basic understanding of instructional design principles and adult learning theory
- Able to utilize multimedia design to create instructional materials
- A flexible mindset and agile approach to deliverables
- Able to adopt style to engage with different stakeholders
- Able to communicate effectively with broad range of stakeholders
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues as they relate to digital learning technologies
Location: We are working remotely and open to anyone based in the U.S.
A Little About Us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry’s best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 14,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.