Instructional Design Specialist (6 months) at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
As an Instructional Design Specialist you'll work with the global learning experience team to support the design, development and delivery of a global course catalog. You will have opportunities to design and facilitate both virtual and in person programming.
Predominantly focused on our people leaders and change skills, you'll ensure that learning is sustainable, scalable and engaging. Your work will enable Xero employees to develop the knowledge, skills, behaviors and experience they need to achieve their goals and to do the best work of their lives. This will be a 6 month fixed term contract.
What you'll do
- Develop superior and inclusive content for skillbuilding journeys
- Manage and facilitate the delivery of dynamic learning including workshops, online learning, case studies, and self directed learning
- Identify business, performance and capability needs to create meaningful learning solutions aligned with the overall Xero, People Experience, and Organizational Development strategies
- Maintain learning programs, frameworks, systems and resources so they are effective and aligned with industry best practices
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with global Xero stakeholders
What you'll bring
- 3 years in instructional design setting putting together development courses
- 5-6 years of presentations/facilitation skills embedded in career
- Experience with leadership and team development courses
- You'll demonstrate a real passion for designing awesome learning experiences that inspire and delight our Xeros
- You'll possess a strong understanding in the development of leadership and team capabilities
- You'll have experience in creating engaging, motivating and behavioral based learning
- You'll be resourceful, finding creative solutions to the challenges of upskilling globally
- You'll be energized by getting to elevate the skills and talents of our Xeros
- You'll have experience using video editing software, and Google Meet or Zoom for virtual facilitation.
Based in our Denver, CO office with flexibility to work from home as well.
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $85,000- $95,000 annually.
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.