Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
About the centralized innovation & incubation team at FIS
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications. To help realize this vision, FIS has created a centralized innovation & incubation team.
The innovation & incubation team will transform new product and business concepts into sustainable, organic growth opportunities while building a strong culture of intrapreneurship across FIS. Operating within a product innovation framework, the team vets, tests, and incubates new ventures for successful commercial integration.
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. The products delivered by the innovation & incubation team will impact the FIS product suite and drive significant value back to the business. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape.
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
This role is critical to the shaping and success of innovation and incubation team. You will lead the team’s ideation efforts by engaging current/potential customers, internal FIS teams, and other parties through generative research efforts including: ethnographic research, jobs-to-be done interviews, and other ideation tools. In addition to problem statement generation, you will lead workshops grounded in design thinking to uncover disruptive growth solutions. These ideas will feed the team’s product pipeline and have the potential to transform the face of financial services. You and your contagious energy will be the champion of innovation for FIS and lead events that encourage a culture of innovation and disruptive growth. You will spend the majority of your time engaging with others on your favorite topic, innovation!
- Interview internal and external parties to develop hypotheses for problem statements that feed the innovation ideation pipeline
- Synthesize research and interview insights into jobs-to-be-done landscapes, problem statements, customer journey maps, individual interview profiles, and other ideation outputs
- Plan and facilitate targeted ideation workshops with customers, partners, and internal FIS teams using design thinking methodologies to uncover solutions to problem statements generated in ideation phase
- Be an innovation champion and establish and lead cultural initiatives across FIS to inspire and motivate, including design thinking methodology
- Present at meetings, workshops, and events to increase market awareness of the team and its culture of innovation
- Stay up to date on the latest trends in innovation and its methodologies to continuously influence the team’s approach to disruptive growth
- Work in partnership with marketing team to iterate on content and programmatic elements to drive engagement and conversion of innovation concepts
- 5+ years experience with business strategy, innovation, or similar roles focused on driving growth for a business and its customers
- Expertise in design-thinking
- Expertise in jobs-to-be-done theory
- Demonstrated history of- and passion for- leading groups through ideation workshops
- Successful history of interpreting trends and research to generate high potential business ideas for further exploration, prototyping, and incubation
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence others
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Up to 50% travel expectations
Nice to haves
- Prior experience in the financial services industry
- Educational experience in design thinking
What we offer you
- Ownership of your role and responsibilities, impact on influencing an innovative culture
- A high-visibility, high-impact role
- The opportunity to create ideas for some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology and work closely with teams that will bring these ideas to life
- A work environment built on trust, accountability, collaboration, curiosity, fearlessness, kindness and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.