Graphic Designer at Guild Education
Guild is hiring a Graphic Designer. This is a mid-level design position, reporting into a design manager and supporting the needs of our larger Brand & Creative team. Whether you’re helping our sales team with one-pagers and presentations, our marketing teams with emails, landing pages, and white papers, or jumping into web and social media with graphics and ads, the ideal candidate will bring their skills and ideas to it all.
In particular, we are looking for someone who is not only enthusiastic about design, but is equally excited to join us in our mission and make a difference for America’s workforce!
As a Graphic Designer, you will:
- Work alongside other designers and creatives to produce and execute assets for various teams and business partners
- Collaborate with the content teams to translate creative concepts into high-quality, brand-aligned, and production-ready deliverbles
- Pay exceptional attention to detail, whether the project is small or large
- Contribute to the direction and evolution of Guild’s brand and visual identity, helping to expand and scale design systems and processes
- Support design thinking activities cross-functionally to absorb knowledge and needed information from partners
- Communicate, participate, and prepare for design walkthroughs, critiques, and reviews
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years in a graphic design or related position (communications design, brand design, etc.)
- An online or PDF portfolio demonstrating a broad range of design work (applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered)
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for detail and impeccable understanding of visual elements (typography, layout, color, etc.)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the ability to manage priorities and self-directed projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- A drive to work hard and bring your own perspective/experience to your work and the broader team while working in a high-velocity and constantly evolving startup!
- Familiarity with creative tools such as Ceros, AfterEffects, Miro, or Wordpress
- Prior experience with a B2B/B2C business structure
- Prior experience directly supporting enterprise sales and marketing teams
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $65,000-$76,250 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth