Graphic Design Director at PopSockets LLC
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
The Graphic Design Director at PopSockets will be part of our CMFG (Color Material Finish Graphic) Design team and be responsible for creating fun, beautiful and trendy graphics that will help our consumers express their unique styles. You will participate in design trends and market research to understand the wants, needs of our consumers and opportunities for innovation in new products. You possess an exceptional ability to transform concepts into engaging graphics and are self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Participate in our seasonal strategy development and lead research for graphic trends and market research to understand the wants, needs of our consumers.
- Responsible for creating collection concepts in response to merchandising plan and seasonal strategy.
- Lead the graphic creation effort and produce a wide range of graphics that are on-trend, yet unique to Popsockets!
- Generate ideas, inspire your teammates, give and receive feedback, and critique respectfully.
- Create and present design concepts and rationale to buyers and to train Sales on trends and new designs.
- Generate specification documents for our vendors to execute our designs.
- Collaborate with production & manufacturing teams to execute your vision.
- Assist Marketing in art directing assets for new collections and trade shows.
- Be able to manage multiple programs under the direction of Design Director and VP of Product, Design and Merchandising.
- In order to be considered for this role, please include a link to your website and portfolio in your resume.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of experience with designing graphics for consumer goods (cosmetic, apparel, accessories, etc.).
- Understanding of various printing processes.
- Strong eye for color accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills.
- The willingness to work to tight deadlines in high pressure environments without compromising on work quality.
- Strong skills with design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- A track record of inventive and compelling design work that are a wide range of styles.
Salary range for the role is 90-120k base, based on experience.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.