General Manager, UX - Sling TV at Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an experienced General Manager UX professional to lead and develop a high-performing group of designers. This role reports to the VP Product Management and is responsible for providing vision, oversight and direction to the UX/UI team responsible for designing best in class streaming products across mobile, desktop, and 10 foot devices.
- Mentor, coach and manage a team of designers through 1:1s and design reviews. Promote and maintain a strong design culture at Sling
- Manage UX/UI resource constraints across multiple products
- Communicate and present design vision to key stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Manage UX/UI deliverables by leading the overall design and coordinating work across the UX/UI team
- Be the subject matter expert on UX/UI solutions and ensure that designs by the team keep to a vision of the desired end-to-end user experience
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, engineers, marketing and other stakeholders to lead best-in-class customer experience across all of the Sling platforms
- Balance UX best practices, aesthetics and user research with data and analytics when making design decisions
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in design, HCI or related fields - or equivalent professional experience.
- 7-10 years designing with UI/UX practices, strong understanding of product development, all user experience disciplines, Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- 3+ years managing a team of UX/UI designers
- Solid experience with all aspects of user experience design including interaction design, visual design, and user research
- Design experience across mobile and web with a preference for those who have designed video experiences on 10’ devices (Roku, Xbox, etc.)
- Experience leading and delivering full life-cycle design projects, from design strategy through execution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing people from engineering to senior executives.
- Experience managing remote teams preferred