eLearning Instructional Design Contractor
Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
Love designing engaging, scalable, blended learning experiences? Do you have a passion for instructional design and emerging technologies?
Gusto is seeking a contractor to join our Learning and Development team in our Denver office to focus on helping us to design and digitize internal content. The Learning and Development team is responsible for ensuring that our customer facing teams have the knowledge and skills to be successful. The ideal candidate will be deadline driven, and have a passion for creative problem solving.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Conduct gap analysis and define objectives for online learning experiences
- Quickly synthesize and write online/digital content based on information from existing internal content, subject matter experts, previous training courses, etc.
- Craft fun and engaging elearning modules
- Develop online/digital learning, handouts, videos and programs simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Recommend to team different applications or layouts that would improve user experience in current classes and trainings
- Create intellectually challenging and personally engaging learning and development experiences that integrate multiple channels, including instructor-led, experiential, and online (self-paced and live)
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of instructional design experience (in FinTech, Banking, Human Resources or Health Benefits a plus)
- Strong conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, web, and print materials
- Open collaborative style; ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven track-record of building engaging online learning
- Expertise creating small video snippet courses; microlearning
- Experience with graphics, audio / video production, authoring, or other tools
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, graphic design, instructional technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Authoring: Dreamweaver, Toolbook, Captivate, Lectora, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
About the Contract:
This position is located at Gusto's Denver office and is set for a 6-month duration with the ability to extend the contract based on work output and performance.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.