Director/VP - UX Design
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
A design leader that likes being part of an extended team working closely to solve UX challenges. You will interact daily with other design team members, product managers, software engineers, marketing, sales and account management to deliver superior UX for our consumer and business customers. You can play the role of outstanding communicator, organizer, leader and trailblazer. Leading and collaborating with team members is energizing to you, and you’re a goal-setter that seeks to understand problems by gaining multiple inputs from different sources. You keep it casual and love a good whiteboard. Work is best when you can make meaningful contributions to a rapidly growing company. You are looking to grow and also love to see others grow and contribute
BillGO is innovating past what exists today and has developed a payments engine that offers real-time payments, security and engagement to our customers. We’re nerds about payments and know our offering is like nothing else available in the marketplace today. We’ve signed contracts with several of the power-players in the payments industry and are experiencing exponential growth. Now, we’re expanding the team to support our ambitions of further disrupting the payments space.
Oh – and we like process driven results, but let’s not make it too limiting. We encourage people to have creative moments and ideas are always welcome. We succeed as a team.
What’s in it for you? A competitive salary, ownership shares, fun, maybe a fix for your sweet tooth or unlimited caffeine as needed:
- Pay and Benefits: We offer competitive pay and benefits, including PTO, holiday pay and free parking
- Tools: We provide the tools you need to do your best work
- Owner’s Club: You’ll be granted ownership shares (stock options) so you have real skin in the game
- Snacks and Drinks: We have a diverse selection of goodies – if we don’t have something you’d like, we’ll get it for you.
- Work / Life: We work hard, but also know you need a life outside BillGO
- Fun Environment: We’re a close-knit group that likes to make work fun – we have an open office and even nerf gun battles every now and then
For any of our positions we do ask that you are already local or are willing to relocate. Check out what Fort Collins has to offer http://www.visitftcollins.com/
Be part of a team that’s changing the status quo. Check out the deets:
BillGO is looking for a motivated Director/VP - UX Design with a passion for creating and delivering new designs to market to join our team. A key ingredient is building relationships and working with others to the align customer needs to a short- and long-term product vision. The UX Director/VP is a distinctive position that will drive the creation and delivering of new designs to market. Key factors for this position are fact-based (data driven) design, re-imagined interface and layout design (vs just looks better), consumer-centric product design, cross-functional collaboration, thought leadership and tight timelines. The ideal candidate will have experienced working in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead UX design activities for consumer and business facing products, from ideation to completion; be the design culture evangelist; hands-on work while leading a small team of product designers.
- Define and create user-centric UI layout, design, and copywrite based on market segment, usability findings and customer feedback.
- Define user journeys and conduct research activities, interviews, and usability testing.
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Support and contribute to our evolving product & user experience.
- Collaborate tightly with Product and Engineering teams to drive innovation.
- Create user-centric experiences and designs that can be deployed across BILLGO’s product suite, via mobile, web, native and responsive.
- Collaborate with, and provide updates to, the Executive Management team.
- B.A or B.S Degree with 10+ years of product/UX design for consumer products, from ideation to completion.
- Experience in similar UX design roles, including the direction of UI designers.
- Experience with user interface patterns, knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Successful track record delivering within tight timeframes and with ambiguous or fluid requirements.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work well under time constraints, and with differing viewpoints from multiple constituents.
- Successful track record managing multiple projects concurrently, while maintaining best practices.
- Experience building effective processes and procedures to facilitate UX design.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment, with developers and UI designers for implementation of designs.
- A knack for thinking both tactically and strategically, and a willingness to seamlessly shift between a team leader and individual contributor role.
- Solid communication skills, ability to present strong rationale for design decisions.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Experience with tools like Invision, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with a business critical, cloud based, high volume software systems
- Experience working for a small or emerging fintech start up
BillGO is an equal opportunity employer