SonderMind is looking to hire a Director of User Experience that will be responsible for crafting user experiences that set our products apart and deliver valuable solutions to our users. You will be responsible for developing and delivering UX/UI strategy across multiple products and platforms including web, mobile, and app experiences of the client, provider, and internal portals to ensure we are meeting the needs of our users. This leader will report directly to the Chief Product Officer, and will work closely with the executive team and leaders within the company.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you are passionate about creating delightful and impactful user experiences. You have an obsession with simplifying complex situations. You are a clear communicator, and enjoying working in a collaborative environment. You lead by example, and thrive in supporting the success of others.
- Build deep, collaborative partnerships with cross-functional leaders across our Engineering, Product, Marketing, Clinical and Operation teams to deliver on the UX vision.
- Ensure we are creating a compelling, consistent, and connected journey for the user, rethinking content taxonomy, information architecture, cross-linking strategy, etc.
- Build innovative, delightful products and experiences to fundamentally transform the mental health space.
- Drive business outcomes through both qualitative and quantitative analysis. Champion the overall development and launch of new experiences that delight our users.
- Work closely with our users, research, and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs.
- Build and lead a team of UX/UI Designers & Researchers
- Ensure appropriate prioritization of UX related tasks based on company direction, business development opportunities, product strategy, squad roadmaps, etc.
- Promote design thinking strategy throughout the organization and help the Product organization accelerate design sprints
- Improve consumer conversions from top of funnel to first session by 50% within first 6 months
- Increase stickiness of our Product with providers by increasing sessions/provider by 20% within first 6 months
- Increase efficiency of our internal team by reducing time on task for internal users by 50% within first 12 months
- Build a world class UX team that is highly engaged
- Organize, simplify, and standardize our components into a design system to speed up design and development sprints by 30%
- 7+ years of UI/UX experience
- 3-5 years of managing and mentoring UX Designers
- Experience delivering to a large consumer base
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and partner well across, up and down the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to craft beautiful consumer products that make complexity simple
- Well demonstrated ability to ruthlessly prioritize and build processes that scale
- Impact driven: Focused on business and quality outcomes
- User-obsessed: deeply empathetic about our users
- A leader: You're kind, charismatic, and humble.
- Strong design portfolio
Nice to Have
- Marketplace experience
- Healthcare Industry or Behavioral/mental health experience
- Passionate about mental health and our mission
- This role is a full-time, exempt position
- Salary starting at $145,000. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.