Guild is hiring a Solution Design Director to partner with Sales Executives to drive new business for Guild. Engage with C-suite and VP level executives at global enterprise companies to craft strategies, solutions, and business cases for how companies can use education and learning to unlock opportunity for their workforce. Additionally, since Solution Design is a new function at Guild, you would have a hand in building and scaling the environment, team, tools, and operations.
Guild operates on the groundbreaking of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and upskill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees.Responsibilities as a Solution Design Director:
- Partner with Sales to generate new business and grow revenue, bringing expertise on the Guild solution and expert knowledge on education, learning and future of work into every phase of the sales cycle
- Support our employer partners to craft the right strategy, approach, and business case for their education strategy
- Building an upskilling strategy for a substantial retailer, crafting an implementation focused on economic mobility for Black and Brown workers, and working with our analytics team on value models—all in the same day!
- Work cross-functionally with Guild’s Product, Ops, Client Services and others to provide visibility and feedback into new partner goals to efficiently implement the right solutions
- Share insight with Guild’s product, strategy, and leadership teams to drive roadmaps based on market demand
- Relish the opportunity to learn new things quickly — happily move between meetings - product roadmap, to one on pedagogical approaches for working adults, to meeting with a C-suite leader on their upskilling strategy
- A strategic leader with exposure to strategy, product, partnership development/BD, and/or product marketing; held leadership, handle many workstreams in constantly evolving, cross-functional environments
- Influence partners—especially executive audiences—through data, well structured arguments, and compelling narratives
- A specialist at leading a process to diagnose partner challenges, uncovering what will empower investment, and weaving together the goals of top level leaders and day-to-day operators
- Curious about education, learning, HR tech, and future of work; care deeply about unlocking opportunity for workers
- Know how to lead internal teams through influence, advising sophisticated projects with changing deadlines
- Skilled at building organizational culture, giving and receiving feedback, and supporting the development of team members (including peers)
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to crafting an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $145,000 - $178,750 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth