Director, Product Design at Iterable
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We've raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
We are hiring an experienced Director of Product Design to lead and grow our Product Design team. You’ll report to the VP of Product and partner closely with Engineering, Product, and other departments to roll out and nurture a cohesive design for our products. To accompany our recent brand refresh, we're investing heavily in our product design with several initiatives that extend beyond our standard roadmap. A user experience that's delightful, thoughtful and easy-to-use is critical to Iterable's future success, and this role is an opportunity to help direct and grow the team that will create it.
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
In this role you'll get to:
- Lead and grow a team of designers and contributing wherever help is needed
- Create a strong design vision for our product in partnership with Product leadership
- Evolve our design systems and playbook
- Improve Iterable's customer experience by developing storyboards, wireframes, and workflows
- Scale user research best practices to ensure we bring the best experiences to our users
- Build design processes and drive alignment with Product Management, Engineering and other departments
- Advocate for delightful, end-to-end solutions that meet company milestones
- Be a thought leader, partnering with cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering and Operations to realize the company’s mission
- Establish the vision, mission, and goals for the Design Team
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience interacting with Product Management and a variety of other key stakeholders during a product discovery, design and development process at a SaaS company.
- An understanding of product strategy and execution challenges, and a deep interest in changing the status quo.
- Fluency with design prototyping tools and information architecture.
- Passion for learning, self-improvement, and team improvement while creating an unmatched user experience.
- A focus on building a culture that elevates the team's performance and morale.
- The ability to leverage a strong user research background and product leadership experience to guide the team towards a cohesive, user-centric quality standard.
- Experience in leading a creative team through a period of high growth, with a strong focus on goal-setting, scale and measuring effectiveness.
- Proficiency using data and analytics and fluency in the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with email, push or SMS software
- Experience in growth marketing space
- Experience building B2C products
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
Iterable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Update: 7/21/2020