Director of Product Design (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS (business-to-business software-as-a-service) app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people.
But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
The Director of Product Design is responsible for the vision and strategy for product design and user experience at CompanyCam. This person will oversee and develop a highly-collaborative team of Product Designers to deliver on this vision and empower them to reach their full potential.
We’re looking for the person that will champion our belief that a world-class user experience is a product differentiator that will directly impact our company’s goals for growth.
This role will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering in our product development process to deliver impactful product updates. This role reports directly to our Executive Vice President of Product.In this job you will...
- Analyze, design, document and communicate the short and long-term Product Design strategy.
- Create a strategic design and user experience vision based on business objectives, market trends and user feedback that will inspire.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Product Designers in delivering a world-class user experience.
- Develop meaningful goals for the Product Design team individually and collectively.
- Collaborate on product strategy alongside product management and engineering, considering the business and technical constraints and impacts on the end users.
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering toward meaningful product updates.
- Show up every day, taking the courage to do the difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up constantly: you're OK working in an environment full of change. You take responsibility, love ownership, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good by treating your co-workers and customers the way you would like to be treated.
- 5+ years of overall design experience.
- 1-2 years of experience leading and managing teams of designers.
- Experience working on mobile and web-based applications.
- Experience leading UX strategies for people, process and product.
- A track record of producing intuitive and visually appealing product experiences.
- Reside permanently and currently in the United States. Sorry, we're not hiring outside the U.S. at this time, even if you're willing to work during U.S. time zones.
- Have experience with launching successful apps for B2B, B2C and/or SaaS products.
- Have experience with front-end development, pattern and component libraries.
- Have experience leading workshops, design sprints and other co-design sessions.
CompanyCam is a fun, fast-paced team united by our core values of Show Up, Grow Up and Do Good. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
Our product design team is mostly located in Lincoln, Nebraska but across our product and engineering teams, we span every time zone in the United States. We welcome people from all backgrounds and don’t really care whether you have a design degree or even a high school diploma. All that matters is that you’re good to work with and you’re great at what you do.
Our Product and Engineering departments also do things a little differently.
We use a customized version of Basecamp’s Shape Up method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan's Inspired) to organize and execute our work. We work in close-knit teams consisting of a product manager, a product designer, an engineering manager and other engineers to deliver value in 3-week cycles.
During cycles the team is focused on delivering product improvements, but everyone is also collaborating to shape (generate and vet) work for upcoming cycles. After each cycle your team will stop, reset, and choose to tackle another cycle or take a cool-down (a period of undirected work where you’ll pursue educational opportunities, work on pet projects, or smash some bugs). Rinse and repeat.
Sounds nice, right? No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings. We protect our designers' time, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking people. Put in your eight hours of focused, quality work and then TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits. This is a salaried position at CompanyCam. Our starting salary range is $140,000 to $150,000 and is based on experience.
Ready to apply? If you share our passion for serving our customers and bringing truth and transparency to the contracting industry, we’d love to review your application! Are you reading this and wondering if you meet every requirement? Studies show that workplace minorities, such as women and people of color, are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At CompanyCam, we pride ourselves on celebrating everyone. We are actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you’re interested in applying, do it! Even if your experiences don’t directly line up or you are ‘missing that one thing’. We are excited to read your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]