Director, Marketing - Digital Experience Design at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
DIRECTOR DIGITAL EXPERIENCE DESIGN
The NetApp Digital Experience Design team is at the forefront of creating, transforming and delivering a modern digital business for one of the world’s leading technology brands. The Director of this team is accountable for continuing to drive innovation and business results across NetApp’s global digital properties. In charge of digital design and strategy, the Director of Digital Experience Design will also be responsible for solving complex problems and formulating actionable plans that produce quantifiable success. Ideal candidates should be data-driven and customer-obsessed critical thinkers with proven experience leading cross-functional creative and strategic teams that continually overachieve.
- Manage and lead internal digital experience design team consisting of digital experience managers, strategists, designers, SEO specialists, and customer experience specialists/copywriters.
- Be an inspiring problem-solver who can design, present, a deliver engaging and delightful user experiences and digital assets that exemplify the NetApp brand, increase engagement with NetApp solutions, and generate demand for NetApp sales funnels.
- Lead the design, requirements definitions, and implementation of innovative digital marketing experiences throughout an end-to-end customer journey for numerous global digital properties.
- Coordinate and collaborate across disciplines (brand, product marketing, project managers, campaign managers, marketing automation teams, subject matter experts, developers, data anlaysts, and QA testers) to ensure successful, efficient digital experience projects.
- Understand UI/UX best practices for modern digital marketing, including how to ensure successful experiences, boost engagement, increase conversion, and drive business results.
- Know how to request and utilize user research methods, and turn those findings into data that can be used to drive effective digital experiences.
- Define and align KPIs to measure success.
- Work with SEO specialists to increase the volume and velocity of organic traffic to NetApp’s global digital properties
- Perform regular market analysis and establish competitive benchmarks.
- Oversee all digital experience design projects from concept to go-live within tight deadlines by leading an Agile, sprint-based project flow.
Knowledgeable and efficient working with Sketch, Invision, Microsoft Office suite and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Working knowledge and understanding of the restraints and opportunities of the development process and code.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with 8 or more years building and managing digital properties
- 5+ years of experience hiring, managing and leading an engaged, highly collaborative team
- A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your abilities to solve digital experience challenges with innovative approaches.
- A passion for user-centered design and understanding of design systems.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in IT, computer science, engineering, business, design, human computer interaction or related field or equivalent work experience.
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. 12+ years -- plus add additional experience requirements needed if you were to fill an open requisition, i.e., knowledge, skills, and abilities.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do