Director, Digital Product Design at Havenly (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Havenly, Inc. is a funded and fast-growing consumer services startup, located in the heart of Denver. We offer online interior design services that make decorating your home simple, affordable and accessible for everyone.
We’re looking for a Product Design Leader who will shape and evolve the Havenly product experience for our customers. As the Director of Product Design you will work closely with the C-Suite team to define product strategy and vision, while growing and supporting a team of product designers focused on building the most delightful user experiences. Responsible for design across the entire Havenly experience (web and mobile) - acquisition, onboarding, design process, e-commerce, and backend tooling and admin, we are looking for someone who can capture our brand and help it come to life across every aspect of our web and mobile presence.
We need someone who knows what it means to create a visual experience and holds our brand to the highest bar, in a fast-paced, ever-evolving technology startup. You know what it takes to keep a team inspired and motivated in their work, and able to see how their unique contributions connect to the bigger picture - the company, and beyond to our end-users.What You’ll Do:
- You will partner with product management to define the vision and North Star for Havenly digital customer experience across web and mobile.
- You will partner with your cross- functional peers to inform the digital product roadmap, and drive cohesion of design and research deliverables across e-commerce, Retail, Growth, Community, and Brand Initiatives.
- You will hire and develop a highly talented team of product designers and user experience researchers. You'll provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so designers and researchers can accomplish their best work.
- You will provide guidance of the team’s output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and the design process. You will promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure exceptional execution.
- You will build relationships with cross-functional team members and executives across organizations —where you will navigate dependencies, align on priorities, and shape goals; while representing the customer and what’s best for the community.
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, including 4+ years in people management.
- A diverse portfolio of work that showcases your ability to create delightful brand forward experiences, deep understanding of customer needs, and unique approach to problem solving.
- Experience in building 0 to 1 products and setting the vision & strategy for next generation digital experiences.
- Experience managing product designers with the ability to build, mentor, and motivate teams
- Experience synthesizing company-level goals to help teams across multiple products to create remarkable customer experiences.
- Strong systems thinking, and the ability to understand complex features and marketplace dynamics.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, experienced influencer, and advocate for the customer.
- Have the ability to be flexible and manage priorities in a high-productivity environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience recruiting and hiring top talent, as well as cultivating talent and growing diverse teams.
- Have a passion for thoughtful and creative design.
- This is a full-time exempt position working either remotely or from our office in Denver, CO.
- Compensation for this role starts at $150K + bonus, dependent upon experience.
- Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, generous PTO, volunteer days off, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability), company equity, 401K, paid Parental leave, and Fertility benefits. In addition, we offer free design services, furniture discounts, and merchandise credits.
- Havenly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Havenly's employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with Havenly’s policies as well as in compliance with state and federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to safeguarding the health of our employees, their families, and the community at large, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all employees at Havenly. Accordingly, any offer of employment is conditioned upon an applicant’s ability to provide proof of vaccination. Should you require accommodation for medical or religious needs, Havenly will engage in an interactive process with you to determine if a reasonable accommodation can be provided in accordance with applicable City, State and/or Federal law. Any approved accommodation will also include a requirement that unvaccinated employees submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
As a company, our goal is to make everyone feel good at home and that starts right here, at Havenly HQ. We celebrate our differences and encourage everyone to bring their true selves to work each and every day. Throughout the journey of each of our team members, as a company we take pride in and commit to ensuring that everyone feels valued, heard, welcome and have equal opportunity to thrive. With the above stated, Havenly is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive team. We are open to candidates of all backgrounds and encourage you to apply if interested.