From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for a design executive to lead all things design, from product, marketing, and brand/identity to how design can functionally support our growing organization. In this role, you will grow and manage a team of mid-to-senior level visual and UX/UI designers. You will work with leaders across the organization to define priorities and allocate design resources across departments. You will report to the COO at Fivetran and help build a world-class design organization.
This role is suited for that unique individual who can unite design across all functions and lead a high performing team that delivers high quality, consistent design work that delights our current and future users, without sacrificing velocity and agility. As our Director of Design, you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching the team which is currently 4 strong and growing.
What you'll do:
- Build an amazing, diverse, design team. You will attract the best designers and mentor them to do the best work of their lives.
- You will inspire the team to do good work, provide meaningful critique, and support designers with career goals and growth paths.
- Represent the design viewpoint at a leadership level; shape product and brand roadmaps; influence product and brand strategy.
- Own the design roadmap and process, working closely with stakeholders across the organization to prioritize design requests and scope requirements.
- Own the creative budget and headcount, knowing when to contract out projects or hire internally. You will scale the design function as Fivetran grows.
What we're looking for:
- Experience as a design leader, with formal people management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to scale the design function and support cross-functional teams.
- A portfolio showcasing fundamental interaction and visual design skills.Empathy and experience designing for B2B audiences with complex problems.
- A data-driven mindset and an interest in the underlying technologies and infrastructure that empower data professionals.
- Deep understanding of the challenges of product strategy and product design execution
- Experience participating in and/or leading brand design.
- Great communication skills with the ability to rally people around a strategy and vision.
- Strong design skills and craftsmanship. Fivetran is still at it's core a startup. We're looking for someone who rolls up their sleeves to participate in hands-on work and critiques.
- Track record of key contributions to innovative, successful products and brand experiences.
Fivetran is part of an analytics data stack and the growing ecosystem of cloud based infrastructure companies.
After a five-minute setup, the software replicates data from applications, databases, events and files into a cloud data warehouse.
The company began with a realization: for modern companies using cloud-based software and storage, traditional ETL tools badly underperformed, and the complicated configurations they required often led to project failures. To streamline and accelerate business intelligence projects, Fivetran developed automated connectors that come with ready-to-query schemas and effortlessly deliver data into modern, high-performing warehouses.