Ibotta is seeking a Director of Consumer Research to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Lead the UX and Market Research teams that provide consumer feedback, insights, and trends to reframe how we think about our customers and our competition, and ultimately drive better business decisions
- Manage a diverse team of researchers across both user experience and traditional marketing insights practices
- Interface with senior leaders in the organization [e.g. CEO, CTO, CMO, VPs etc.]
- Effectively utilize insights and business knowledge to influence decisions while working in close partnership with multiple stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Provide continual 1:1 coaching and professional development for all team members
- Develop & execute strategy to realize key business objectives that enable you and the team to accomplish the growth-vision
- Create internal documents, inclusive of new processes and educational materials
- Manage the talent map for UX and Market Research functions
- As needed, build a business case for incremental headcount, working with ‘Ibotta Recruiting’ on interviewing, training new hires, and developing new talent
What we are looking for:
- 7-10 years experience in consumer insights, UX insights, market research or related analytical field
- 2-3 years of previous management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Broad based understanding and ability to perform both quantitative & qualitative research methodologies [e.g. product innovation, usability testing, equity tracking, concept testing, ad testing, segmentation, journey mapping, IDIs, stakeholder interviews, diary studies]
- Ability to influence thinking and perspective cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize learning plans with needs across a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Ability to set a growth-vision for the UX and Market Research team
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cashback on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1 Billion in cumulative cash rewards to our users. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $125,000-$140,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.