Designer I - Mechanical CAD Librarian at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Designer I - Mechanical CAD Librarian
Work with the Mechanical CAD support team to design, document and maintain aerospace hardware that meets technical requirements and will be compiled as part of a standard library of approved CAD models.
What You'll Do:
- Work with a team of Engineers responsible for managing 3D product data.
- Ensure common 3D product data can be used efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure data is accurate and consistent between systems.
- Modify Excel Spreadsheets and ensure data is accurate.
- Review existing data depositories and identify common items.
- Validate Metadata for Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) items.
- Use SolidWorks to create and manipulate 3D data.
- Identify and evaluate inefficient procedures and practices and propose optimized solutions.
- Ensure SolidWorks Models meet established guidelines.
- Participate in Application Testing activities focused on ensuring Part Metadata is properly transferred through a Product Lifecycle Management Platform.
- Work with a team that will evaluate and integrate Model Based Engineering technology (3D drawings) into our existing Enterprise Data Systems.
- Utilize automation tools to align Microsoft Excel based data.
- Learn / Improve SolidWorks modeling skills.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of related experience, or a two-year related technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must be a self-starter and task completion oriented.
- Must have the ability to focus on tabulated data and ensure data is accurate.
- Ability to close the loop on agreements demonstrating a clear understanding of technical deliverables, schedules and budgets (i.e. completing assignments within agreed to parameters).
- Ability to effectively communicate with team in person and virtually using email, instant messaging and other protocols.
- Ability to understand how items are procured in a controlled environment.
- Candidates with Microsoft Office Excel proficiency will be given preference.
- Experience with Windows and 3D MCAD solid modeling software.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize work from multiple sources.
- Open to and seeks additional tasking from clients.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clearance is required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.99 - $25.00 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.