Design & Usability Analyst Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Cognitive Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Artificial Intelligence team is driving a transformational journey across Banking Solution, Wealth Management and Merchants Solutions divisions. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency and improving customer satisfaction through intelligent automation, Machine Learning, Micro and Macro Automation, self-service transformation, and accelerating digitization efforts.
What you will be doing
As a senior Design & Usability Analyst, you will be responsible for all aspects of software interface design, from audience analysis, to prototyping, to usability testing. You will focus primarily on desktop web applications that support consumers and professionals within the financial industry—although mobile solutions and chatbots might also be in your portfolio. Working within the Artificial Intelligence team greatly expands the tools you can draw on to provide solutions.
- Researches and analyzes target audiences for software, conducts necessary front-end research and creates user profile for relevant products.
- Works closely with clients to identify and interpret specific business needs and to develop creative products to meet needs.
- Creates high-fidelity prototypes to support concept presentations and interface specifications.
- Collaborates with engineers to design total human-computer interaction and to develop flow of information in FIS software applications.
- Participates in usability testing process by working on test plans, attending test sessions and brainstorming solutions to interface problems with usability specialists.
- Develops presentations for internal and external audiences that communicate design solutions and research findings.
- Develops and maintains human interface specifications, guidelines and standards.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in cognitive science, computer science or interface/visual design or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Requires a minimum of five years design and usability or related experience in a research and development environment.
- Problem-solving & process improvement skills
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Proficient in a vector-based design tool for producing interactive prototypes.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and make balanced judgments when faced with trade-offs.
Added bonus if you have:
- Familiarity with Material Design conventions for desktop applications.
- Experience designing data visualizations.
- Experience in voice or conversational design.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.