About FIS Impact Labs
Our vision is to make FIS the industry-leading provider of platforms and services for companies to build and run financial applications.
The innovation organization has launched an innovative new venture that is currently in stealth mode. We are looking to hire an all-star team that can scale the venture!
Joining this team will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. You will be able to scale an incredibly exciting new venture while leveraging FIS strengths to dramatically accelerate success. Most importantly, your work will shape the future financial services landscape and provide immense value to our customers!
Our team is made up of builders and you should be no exception!
We are looking for an exceptional Design Manager who is passionate about designing and building merchant and consumer product experiences to help drive the rapid growth of this disruptive startup. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will empower a team of designers to define and elevate the user experience and deliver world-class design.
- Recruit, develop, and grow a product and brand design team to solve meaningful customer problems and to create a category-defining product
- Create and iterate a design strategy that aligns with customer needs and product goals
- Develop the design team to grow their skills, gain a deep understanding of user problems and required tasks, and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Collaborate with product management and engineering partners to build concepts, test, design, and iterate on key product features
- Build an inclusive, safe culture where team members feel comfortable taking risks and being vulnerable with each other
- Build design processes create efficiency, and support the day-to-day efforts of the team
- Define user research strategies and processes, encourage adoption across teams
- Collaborate with the marketing team to build the brand and use it in ways which are cohesive, authentic, and impactful
- Develop a deep understanding of user personas, pain points, and customer journeys
- Gather and share data about customer experience with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to inform our brand and product over time
- Support in evangelizing the GoCart brand and GoCart's design culture internally
- Cultivate a high-performing, one-team culture in which the team can do its best work
- 8+ years of design experience in a technology company or design agency
- Experience building and managing a high-performing design team
- Experience balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across disciplines, including with marketing and engineering
- Experience with software development and how design teams contribute as partners to product management and engineering
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of yours and your team's work
Nice to have:
- Fintech experience
- B2B / marketplace experience
- Demonstrated success evangelizing the importance of design across an organization
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Illustrator, usertesting.com (and other research tools)
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$107,610-180,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.