Design Engineer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
Seeking a Circuit Designer to model ISP CFA and cross connects in Zayo’s inventory databases based on engineering specifications. The qualified candidate will work closely with Engineering to ensure proper equipment records are being developed and the inventory database is reflecting an accurate record of the deployed network. The position is responsible for modeling all 3rd party panels, CFA, risers, cross-connect adds, changes and decommissions.
- Creating circuit, CFA, riser, cross-connect facility records for Zayo’s ISP team.
- Primarily creating designs based on Engineering design criteria.
- Proficient/expert in Metasolv/M6 application
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications standards and protocols.
- High-level understanding of telecom network configuration and interworking.
- Ability to initiate and comprehend complex designs and arrange detailed information in a logical format.
- Competency in navigating various database applications and MS software applications such as Excel, Visio, and Word.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining a precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Self-initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a technically changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to drive towards a goal and do what it takes to get a job done, which may include off-hours and weekend work.
- Limited to no travel required.
- Associates degree in Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in a telecommunications circuit design role that encompassed all aspects of circuit design from order acceptance to published CLR for all types of circuits.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecommunications equipment configuration.
- Experience with SalesForce and Metasolv database applications.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave