CX Instructional Designer at Robinhood
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
As part of the Customer Experience (CX) L&D team, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of learning and development programs that build world-class experiences for our customers. Specifically, you will be accountable for creating training and educational programs related to skills training, new hire onboarding, product launches, and new process or policy implementations, among other areas for our CX associates and registered representatives using a variety of instructional methods.
In this role, you will also be responsible for building CBTs (Computer-based training) webinars, and other training programs utilizing LMS platforms. Assignments will include; needs analysis, custom course development, editing, evaluation and learning assessments. Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields. The ideal candidate will provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems and will assess curriculum improvement opportunities, revise training collateral and make recommendations as necessary. Provides assessment and oversight of training effectiveness and provides support and feedback to trainers as required.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhance CX team’s knowledge, and skill of; new and existing programs, tools and our industry
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product, to work with, design, vendor partners, and delivery team
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Provide a high-level overview of all projects throughout development
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games, etc.)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Minimum 2 years of instructional systems design experience on projects involving adult learning audiences
- Training development experience involving adult learners, such as in a call center and/or customer service and support environment
- Call center or customer service exposure and experience a plus
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in writing instructional content
- Shown ability to create content for a global audience
- Experience analyzing, building, and assessing curricula for asynchronous and synchronous classroom-based or virtual training environments
- Fluency with instructional systems design models and methodologies, authoring tools, and learning management systems integration
- Experience as a content developer on Instructional Systems Design projects related to adult learners
- Confirmed effectiveness with global and virtual teams
- Experience creating learning content for multicultural adult audiences
- Experience with project management and time management tools and methodologies
- Proven proficiency with Apple operating systems
- Proficiency with word processors and presentation software applications including G-Suite tools.
- Project management experience is a plus.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.