We create moments that move people—and move the needle.
We design and execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events to help our clients build meaningful and memorable connections with their prospects, clients, partners, and employees.
Howdy is looking for a talented Creative Director to be the driving force behind Howdy’s identity, ensuring we present ourselves and our clients powerfully, consistently, and creatively across all physical and digital platforms. The ideal candidate is a big thinker and obsessive doer, eager to guide a team from high concept through execution and happy to dig into the nitty-gritty right beside them. They will work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and dream up concepts and ideas that wow our clients.
We are a small but mighty team right now. The right person will be an experienced manager of people intrigued by the opportunity to lead our team, hire more great people, and take us to the next level. Most of our team is in Denver and we'd love to have you here, but we're open to this being a fully remote position.
Creative Director Role:
Oversee and direct the entire creative process for each project:
- Client vision
- Achieves their goals
- Aligns with their brand
- Concept creation
- Ideas are impactful, unique, memorable
- All items are purposeful and cohesive
- Project stays within budget
- Printing and digital - timeline, vendors, quality
- Content shoots
- Capture the story of the entire project
- Manage the current creative team of full-time employees and freelancers
- Lead the hiring initiative of additional hires as needed
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages personal growth and provides opportunities for professional development to hone and expand their skillset
- Empower the team to accomplish tasks for today, but be able to zoom out and build the future
- Be able to direct, lead and critique creative work In a respectful and encouraging way
- Sits on Leadership Team as the voice of the Creative Department
- Always ahead of the game with design trends and industry knowledge
- Implements design systems, processes, and templatization where appropriate to facilitate excellent and efficient execution (alliterations, yay!)
- Dreams up never-been-done-before ideas that blow away our clients
- Leads creative decision-making on projects
- Owns the full responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the end product of all Creative Team members.
- Expert in process improvement and identifying opportunities to create sustainable and scalable solutions across a diverse range of projects and platforms.
Working at Howdy:
If you were to join us, we would want you to love it. We also know that it can be hard to tell from the outside looking in whether that would be the case for you. So, we put together an honest set of reasons someone would and wouldn't want to join our company. We hope it helps you make an informed decision about whether Howdy is a place you'd love to work.
Why you might be excited about working for Howdy:
- Our mission is to make people feel seen, heard, and cared for, and that starts with our employees. We genuinely, truly care about our team and are proud to offer really cool benefits that show that.
- You'll have a lot of flexibility in your role, and you will be able to help define your team and how it relates to the company structure going forward.
- We are working with some of the biggest, most-respected companies in the world and we get to create experiences that impact their most valuable connections.
- We take every opportunity to celebrate wins, share losses, and get better.
- You enjoy the freedom that comes with being able to share and receive feedback with others - Radical Candor.
Why you might *not* be excited bout working for Howdy:
- We are a young company, so if you like highly structured, steady-paced, and meticulously planned processes this role isn't for you. You'll help create our company's culture.
- You want a 9-5 job.
- You like finding and poking holes more than you like filling them.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
- We are in a changing market and our products and services have to adapt to the needs of our clients quickly.
- We have an extremely high standard of excellence. Receiving critique and looking for opportunities for growth isn’t always comfortable, but it is necessary.
- Expert in all things Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience leading and managing a creative team
- Serious conceptual firepower
- Strong aesthetic vision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexibility, motivation, organization, and the capacity to take on a lot at once
- Ensure ideas can happen relative to budgets, timing, and capabilities.
- Strong storyteller with excellent communication skills and the ability to inspire with your ideas.
- Curious and bored to death with the status quo
Bonus Points if:
- You have experience at an ad agency or PR firm.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $90,000
- 2 weeks of PTO (increases 2 days per year of employment)
- Unlimited sick days
- We value your mental health just as much as your physical health.
- 15 paid company holidays
- Monthly Move Your Body reimbursement
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Health & Dental insurance
- Personal development reimbursement
- Quarterly selected Self Care Days
- Our specialty! Ask us more!