Creative Director at PopSockets LLC
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social-impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
The Creative Director is responsible for successfully leading the entire brand creative team. This person must drive creative strategy including the conceptual development of campaigns, brand personality, voice, tone and narrative across all brand touchpoints. This person is ultimately responsible for the success of every creative asset across every area of execution. The Creative Director will own and lead the creative team’s projects, ensuring that all creative campaigns and assets resonate with their intended audiences and achieve the desired impact. Ultimately, the Creative Director must inspire and steward work that achieves marketing and strategic goals while also electrifying our audiences and building brand love.
- Work with the CEO, Chief Growth Officer, VP of Brand Design and VP, Marketing to refine the brand personality, narrative, and experience
- Build and lead teams responsible for the visual creative development of our brand, through technical training and professional mentorship
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to execute campaigns that achieve strategic goals while also propelling the desired brand experience
- Create concepts that inspire and are able to be successfully executed across paid and organic channels – with trend- and insights-driven rationale to back them up
- Maintain and evolve our visual and verbal branding standards
- With VP of Brand Design, contribute to the creation of comps, storyboards, graphics, and final deliverables across retail and digital channels (in-store signage, consumer packaging, trade shows, video, & digital ads)
- Collaborate with your Marketing-team colleagues to ensure that visuals, messaging, and strategy are in sync
- Work with Project Managers to manage the Creative Services team’s budgets, schedules, and resources
- Review and approve deliverables from the Creative Services team to ensure compliance with brand, visual identity, and legal guidelines
- Maintain a strong roster of outside agencies or contractors if projects require additional or specialist support and prepare a system to manage them as extensions of our internal team
Salary ranges from 125-150k base, based on experience and qualifications.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.