Content Designer at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We're looking for an experienced Content Designer to join our Product and Design team. You’ll drive guidelines, create frameworks, design solutions, influence product vision, manage cross-functional projects, and work with leadership to set goals. You’ll apply user-centered design methods to all elements of product design, with a focus on clarity, coherence, quality, accessibility, and global relevance.
Here's what you'll do:
- Partner closely with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to understand user and product needs to design content that is simple and easy to understand
- Contribute to product content strategy as well as produce and present final UX copy for our product
- Use analytics and data resources to improve content and examine the success of our current content
- Develop a UX Writing content style guide that includes voice and tone guidance and rules for grammar and punctuation.
- Write and edit UI text to help users navigate our products, including work on: onboarding, feature naming, error messages, instructional materials
- Lead content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product
- Complete high-quality work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
Here's what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Writer or similar role in an agency or in-house setting
- Experience with user research methods such as contextual interviews, card-sorting, surveys, persona creation, task analysis and usability testing
- Experience creating scalable content
- Craft clear, concise UI text for the in-product experience on hand-held devices, mobile and desktop experiences
- Anticipate customer needs and write innovative and simplified solutions to customer issues
- Set standards and drive adherence to UX writing best practices
- Create reusable and scalable patterns for you team to follow
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to make content design decisions
- Can communicate content decisions and strategy to partners new to the subject area
- A portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve for, your contributions, and impact to the customer
- The total cash compensation for this role is $70,000-$100,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program