PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
The CMFG Team at PopSockets is responsible for developing the aesthetic vision for all of our products. We are seeking a talented CMFG Designer who will identify key macro trends to develop color/material strategies, create cohesive collection stories, and work with our vendors to make those ideas reality. You’ll work closely with our VP of Design to coordinate strategic rollouts of new designs and to identify future trends. This is a great opportunity for a designer who enjoys working with a wide range of materials and is interested in material development. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Forecast trends and build cohesive seasonal collections with supporting evidenceBuild compelling presentations to communicate your ideas
- Work with Design Director and with Product Management on go-to-market strategies, end-of-life strategies, and channel management
- Collaborate with ID/ME teams to execute your visionContribute to our materials library
- Generate specification documents for our vendors to execute our designs
- Work with our Operations team to develop new sources for materials and decoration techniques
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or equivalent
- 3+ years of CMF experience, preferably with experience in consumer electronics, fashion, or accessories
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, Keyshot is a plus
- Understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to present to buyers and to train Sales on trends and new designs
- Strong eye for color accuracy
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
Annual pay range: $80,000 – $90,000
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.