Candidate Experience, Instructional Designer at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is looking for an Instructional Designer to make an immediate impact on our Candidate Experience (CX) team. As a member of Candidate Experience, the Instructional Designer will be responsible for developing, facilitating, and assessing training content and learning experiences. The ideal candidate will create online training courses and facilitator led trainings that help build high-performance, create and foster best practices, and optimize and evolve our support learning program as we grow. This role requires a flexible, enthusiastic professional who is committed to delivering high-quality results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Plan, design, deliver and evaluate training programs across multiple locations (San Francisco, Denver, Orlando, and vendors), matching the Checkr culture, mission, and tone
- Design, create, and implement online learning courses and training materials using an LMS, G-Suite, and other online learning platforms, to create an asynchronous learning program
- Facilitate in classroom and virtual training according to industry best practices ensuring the best possible learning experience for a wide variety of learning styles
- Provide individual coaching and motivation to trainees on their progress and performance. Create a seamless transition to the production floor from the classroom environment
- Develop effective learning experiences leveraging a variety of media, such as video and audio clips, online interactivity, simulations, illustrations and diagrams
- Advise on best practices for content creation and execution using innovative organizational development and/or adult learning techniques, principles, theory, and online learning technologies
- Build trust and credibility with subject matter experts to influence scope of learning programs and gain buy-in on design approach
- Interact and work closely with Senior Leadership and the Quality team to determine specific training needs and align training goals with the overall department objectives
- Assist with the implementation of new product features and process changes by working cross-functionally with Candidate Experience stakeholders, and other Operation teams as needed, ensuring procedures are well documented and the appropriate training is effectively provided
- Identify gaps in training materials and tailor adult learning solutions to content and appropriate audiences
What you bring:
- 3+ years of instructional design, elearning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of adult learning theory standard methodologies and experience designing innovative content on various tools (i.e. Lessonly, Google Suite, Articulate, etc) hosted on multiple platforms (LMS, web-based, etc)
- Proven experience and results in conducting in-person as well as fully-remote training
- Proven experience and results in designing and implementing online learning courses
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail and a proven ability to take ownership of multiple projects
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Strategic thinker that’s not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities and process improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to whittle complex processes down to clear and concise steps
- Proven experience with Articulate 360, Lessonly, and Adobe Connect preferred
- Bilingual, Spanish and English, preferred
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $79,900-$94,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.