Big Data UI Designer
At IHS Markit, we’re changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
In the Emerging Products Division we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We’re building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine best course of action in the present. We’re disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world?
As a key player in the digital transformation strategy of IHS Markit’s Engineering and Product Design Team, this designer role will push the boundaries of a traditional UI role. Big Data will be your paint, and user interfaces of previously impossible workflows will be your canvas. Using an artist’s eye for design, you’ll bring to life beautiful, intuitive and creative designs that will be awe-inspiring. Working directly with both Engineering and Product, you’ll be empowered with the creation of the UI design and implementation of our platform, in an iterative agile fashion. If you’re up to the challenge of creating magic through design, then this is the role for you!
- Design High Fidelity UI mockups and visual elements organized into an engaging user interface for native and web based digital products and experiences
- Create enhanced 'clickable' prototypes demonstrating the intended functionality and behavior of user interactions in a clear and concise manner to be consumed by clients and stakeholders for feedback and ultimately the development team for production.
- Drive initiatives forward from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, recognizing that there is rarely one right answer and there is value in exploring trade-offs.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other key stakeholders.
- Analyze product performance and customer needs through quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Use Agile methodologies to deliver and iterate on new features at a fast pace.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills. Be a thought leader who can see overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess
- Strong understanding of emerging trends that will inform development of best in class, user-centered design experiences
- Build close relationships with product, marketing, and sales to understand strategies to ensure user experiences are designed in alignment with those strategies
- Portfolio for reference
- 3+ years of experience in user interface design, product design, interaction design, and/or visual design
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience and expertise in visualizing Big Data
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process is a plus
- Ability to create user-interface designs in the form of wireframes, mid-to-high-fidelity screen designs, or prototypes using Axure, Sketch, InVision, proto.io, Figma, or the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with front-end frame works, including the ability to rapid proto-type via CSS/JS is a massive plus.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Outstanding written, verbal & presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Creative self-problem solver