Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
Automox is seeking a passionate Senior Instructional Designer to join our fast-growing team. This role works cross-functionally with Product Engineering, Documentation and Customer Success to design very technical training courses on API development, complex networking and IT security solutions. The Senior Instructional Designer’s practical skill set in all Automox Products, combined with solid grounding in ADDIE and/or SAM (Successive Approximation Modeling) development methodology influences and dictates the style of all Automox training.
The successful individual in this role is detail-oriented, has a background in creating programming and/or networking courses, is flexible, and can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Evaluate existing API documentation and learning content, determine core learning requirements against existing materials and create appropriate learning objective-driven content to engage programmers and non-programmers with the Automox API and other technical solutions.
- Possess skills in PPT, Captivate/Camtasia, Articulate or Storyline, or extensible rapid content development platforms (such as Ancile, User Productivity Toolkit, etc.); audio production a big plus; portfolio with sample content required.
- Create course plans, demo scripts, video sequences, assessments, online interaction and exercise guides for new and existing Automox products, courses and/or program components.
- Design and deliver learning products in a variety of formats including self-paced online to classroom instructor-led with command print, graphics, audio, video, and animation/simulation technologies to support curriculum offerings.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and others across the organization to create accurate, useful training modules for classroom and online courses.
- Create project plans and provide accurate risk assessments for all projects; meet deadlines and reprioritize as needed to complete timely delivery of instructional design project; manage course projects from inception to completion.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5+ years of instructional design / content development experience and solid knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Experience with tools for the development and delivery of software documentation, training and in-application guidance.
- Experience delivering training on scripting languages, operating system automation scripts, network management and other content for technical audiences.
- Experience with IT Management, Device Security and IT Operations.
- Experience with industry standard tools for online documentation development and delivery, and tools appropriate to development of synchronous and asynchronous training content.
- Experience with tools/platforms supporting rapid content development or learning objects (Skilljar, iorad.io, WalkMe, Whatfix, Outstart Evolution, etc.) a plus.
- Experience documenting or developing content for SaaS (Software as a Service) required. Knowledge of creating and maintaining staging environments for courseware continuity.
- Proven project and time management skills in an environment where you may be contributing to several projects simultaneously.
- Able to break down programming concepts to non-programming audiences. Knowledge of Powershell is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a self-driven researcher, able to create course project plans, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent presentation skills for online or classroom training delivery.
- Ability to travel up to 10% may be necessary.
Colorado applicants: The minimum annual salary for this role is $108,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package and is included for demonstrative purposes only.
Automox offers additional compensation and benefits including: an annual bonus program and equity; comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans; STD & LTD, life insurance and AD&D; tele-medicine and mental health options; flexible spending account; pet insurance; legal shield and ID shield; 401k; perk stipends; an internet allowance; paid time off (including flexible PTO, company recharge days, sick time, paid parent support leave, and medical leave); adoption assistance; flexible schedules; and a remote-first culture.
Our offers, which include competitive base pay and the total compensation package, are determined by experience, depth of knowledge, and other relevant factors. Automox reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits.
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$25 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.