Associate User Experience (UX) Designer at Zen Planner
Daxko’s mission is to make the world a healthier and happier place. We provide solutions, services, and insights for the health and wellness industry to engage members, deliver delightful experiences, and improve the businesses we serve.Job Description
At Daxko, our product design team consists of UX generalists who lead the full spectrum of user research, interaction design, visual design, and usability testing. Your primary responsibility as an Associate UX Designer will be to craft user experiences that set our products apart from the competition by truly understanding our customer’s needs and delivering valuable solutions to market problems.
We’ll want you to…
Understand what users need and help your team understand it, too.
- Collaborate with senior UX designers, product managers, technical leads, customers, and other stakeholders to understand, define, and clarify requirements.
- Use research methods such as participatory design, ethnographic studies, and user interviews to learn how users think and behave. Use that research to help drive your innovative concepts forward.
- Model knowledge about users and share it with your team to help everyone make better decisions.
- Explain your ideas, designs, and best practices in order to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders.
- Be a tireless advocate for exceptional user experience.
Design software that delivers on what users need.
- Through solo and collaborative design methods, create low and high-fidelity prototypes of possible design solutions.
- Translate complex product requirements into easy and intuitive user flows.
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions.
- Validate that designed solutions meet user needs through usability testing methods such as unmoderated testing, moderated testing, and A/B testing.
- Be able to present and validate your design concepts with internal and external business stakeholders.
- Oversee the maintenance and application of visual design standards.
- Detail-oriented; manages time and objectives effectively
- Excellent communicator in person, on the phone, in email
- Loves testing out new approaches, knows how to measure the impact and adjust
- A positive attitude and a passion for working with strong, collaborative teams.
- Not afraid of conflict – able to check your ego at the door for the benefit of the product and team
- Flexible - change and uncertainty don’t faze you
- 0-1+ years of experience designing business-oriented web or mobile applications
- Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders and technical teams to understand, analyze, and document requirements
- A strong technical aptitude. You don’t have to code, but you have to be able to earn the respect of the people who do.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies—Scrum and Kanban in particular
- Ability to use wire-framing tools to prototype new functionality
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong interaction design skills
- Degree in design strongly preferred
- Knowledge and practical experience with Lean Startup methods and tools
- Enterprise software design experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with an Agile Product Owner strongly preferred
- Experience working with remote teams a plus
· Must include portfolio, website or samples of work to be consideredAdditional Information
The Daxko Nation includes several distinct brands: Daxko, Club Automation, CSI Spectrum, AAC, SugarWOD, and Zen Planner. Through these brands, we deliver comprehensive technology solutions and experienced services to health & wellness facilities. Since we began in 1998, we’ve grown to span 68 countries, 10,000 facilities, and over 20 million members. Our customers rely on us to be the engine of their growth with deep insight, guidance, technology solutions, and exceptional experiences that make us the industry’s recognized #1 software provider.
Our company, with a culture of collaboration, action, and entrepreneurship, has a well-deserved reputation for providing “career-defining” opportunities for team members willing to pursue them.
With a high value placed on taking care of our customers and our team members, we have frequently been recognized locally and nationally as best workplaces.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Casual work environment
- Plenty of free food and caffeine
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.