Associate Product Designer at Ibotta
Ibotta is the fastest-growing consumer tech company in Colorado and one of the five most frequently used mobile shopping apps in the United States. We are looking for an Associate Product Designer who is passionate about developing design strategies inspired by insights and turning them into exceptionally designed experiences.
Product Design at Ibotta works cross-functionally to help millions of shoppers save time and money. As an Associate Product Designer, you’ll collaborate with product managers, UX researchers, UX writers, and engineers to define the design of our mobile & web products and visualize new concepts. You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Lead the design of new features and products from conception through launch while working with a more senior designer as a guide/mentor
- Design experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant for both mobile & web
- Partner with UX Content and Creative Design to create holistic experiences
- Effectively communicate ideas and rationale with a broad set of stakeholders
- Provide and solicit constructive feedback that drives quality and effectiveness
- Share knowledge in reviews and demos to communicate the value of good design
- Participate in and contribute to a human-centered design process
- Work with existing design patterns and collaborate with design & engineering to build new patterns when needed
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, & A good idea can come from anywhere
What we are looking for:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the UX design process and/or experience in a related field - UX research, graphic design, industrial design, product management, engineering, etc.
- Takes initiative to continue learning about UX and industry best practices
- A deep curiosity for understanding users and empathizing with their problems
- Strong design skills with a portfolio showcasing your work and your design process
- Ability to adapt designs to a variety of platforms and form factors
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate design decisions
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $68,000 - $80,000
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.