Associate Graphic Designer - Illustrator at PopSockets LLC
Associate Graphic Designer - Illustrator
Location: Boulder, CO
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, click here. Read more about our recent rebrand and updated packaging here.
The Role: The Graphics Team at PopSockets is responsible for developing all art for all of our products. The Associate Graphic Designer will support the creation, development, and execution of brand artworks for products. This is a great opportunity for a designer who enjoys working with a wide range of products and consumers and is interested in growing artistically to support our larger business needs. Should be versatile in art style, self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Create original artworks relative to the seasonal concept as directed by the Design Director
- Prepare and organize weekly development packages to be sent to the vendors
- Support the Design Director in researching seasonal print & color trends appropriate to the concept
- Organize and review incoming strike-offs in partnership with the Product Coordinator
- Facilitate communication and follow-up with Freelance artists
- Maintain inspiration boards, digital reference library, and original artwork archives
- Attend benchmark meetings as requested
- Perform special tasks as needed
- Strong hand-painting and drawing skills to create original designs
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Strong passion for apparel, textile, art and pop culture with the ability to recognize and translate trend direction
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work in a team environment
- Proficiency with Adobe CS, Keyshot is a plus
- 3+ years of graphic art experience, preferably with experience in fashion, or accessories